Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

F**king Clampers !!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rock fan

Hi all sorry for delay still drunk after celebrating the reimbursement of full parking fine !!!!!1 yes you heard it right a full right up to the f**kiing penny refund . Couple of points
    1. In my original post I put up here I did actually type in the wrong expiry time on the ticket I was back in the car park BEFORE the the ticket ran out by about 15 min now we've got that cleared up here's what I done

2. when I originally phoned up the parking Nazi's I made sure to get the operators name ( sounded a little made up similar to John Smith you know the kind of name you'd make up on the spot !)

3. When I got into the appeal section on the NCPS website I gave all the details ticket expiry time mix up of parking bay numbers etc. then I made sure to put the operators name I spoke to (still think its a made up name) on the email I then demanded a receipt / an indecent number and a contact name number and email address for the person in charge of the appeal I also pointed out the fact that legally if I had purchased a parking ticket for the car park all be it with the wrong parking bay number on it that this was proof that i was undertaking an agreement to pay for parking of a car in said same car park and that the parking bay number was actually of no significance to the whole transaction.

Hey presto with in 48 hours I'd received a full refund (even after being told it could take up to 3 weeks for any response)

I actually have there refund letter framed !! I think I'll post it here

any way people the moral of the story is if every one goes through the appeal section with these shower of whores and puts there point across firmly and demands action you might get a result !
    Still does'nt change the fact they're still a shower of chancers I,ll bet half the people clamped on a "technicality" don't ever bother appealing it
    The f**k's in the van were still able to get to me in under 5 min after I agreed to pay the fine they were waiting around the corner (there was several other cars clamped along with mine don't know why ? )

and just to reconfirm my ticket had not run out of time

A small victory for the motorist !!!!! up yours parking nazi's should have charged the ****ers interest on my money !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Clampers are the scum of the earth

Necessary evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Necessary evil.

Not necessary whatsoever, scum of the earth, if I ever have enough time on my hands I will buy a clamp and clamp as many of their vans as possible and see how they like to be stranded.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Well done OP, these cowboys need to be outlawed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I wish clampers would operate near my sons' school in the morning. Every day there are cars parked:

- on double yellow lines at the corner near the school.
    - on the footpath.
    - on the yellow zigzag lines outside the school.
    - in the disabled parking spaces outside the clinic across the road.

Every day I see all 5 of these. Why oh why clampers don't spend time on these offenders, rather than the OP is beyond me. My kids cycle or walk every day, and that is made more dangerous by lazy morons.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Not necessary whatsoever, scum of the earth, if I ever have enough time on my hands I will buy a clamp and clamp as many of their vans as possible and see how they like to be stranded.

:) calm down there, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

Park legally and you will never be bothered by the clampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

@rock fan .

Good on you man .

Spend that money on a treat for yourself and family .

Then go on road with grinder and cut the wheels off their fecking vans . the tankers !!!!!

@rock fan .

Good on you man .

Spend that money on a treat for yourself and family .

Then go on road with grinder and cut the wheels off their fecking vans . the tankers !!!!!

Sounds like he already spent it in a frame for the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Necessary evil.

Nah, not really. If they done the below and clamped/removed cars that are actually breaking the law they might get some respect.
    D9Male wrote: »
    I wish clampers would operate near my sons' school in the morning. Every day there are cars parked:

- on the footpath.

Every day I see all 5 of these. Why oh why clampers don't spend time on these offenders, rather than the OP is beyond me. My kids cycle or walk every day, and that is made more dangerous by lazy morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

- on the footpath.

Slightly off-topic but it's a whole different story, not as black & white as you paint here. You're probably not a parent either.

For how long do you see this to happen? 25 min in the morning and 25 min in the afternoon? I was like you till I become a parent and have to go trough this sh1tty madness called - school run - every day.

Public transport infrastructure in crap in this country, school bus service is little to none, very few schools have few parking spaces, many have none. Country is littered with pedophiles and weirdos approaching small kids on their own, kids go missing. If a parent let's kid walk to school (if it is even possible, we live 5km from school) and anything happens to child, its parents fault, social services come in and show starts. Our school has few parking spaces when there's over 300 children attending school every day, parents regularly receive reminder texts to not leave children unattended, but happily at the same time arrange Garda to patrol at school and issue tickets to cars that are parked not in parking space. Luckily my child is old enough to walk to school door from road side where I drop her, so morning drive for me doesn't require parking. It's not the same in afternoon when parent is expected to wait for a child at school gates, that means I have to park somewhere.

What's your solution to this (except not having kids)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

pcardin wrote: »

Park a bit further away.

The problem is that every parent seems to want to drive into the classroom rather than park 500m away and use their legs for the last bit of the journey.

.......and I have kids who I bring to school

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Slightly off-topic but it's a whole different story, not as black & white as you paint here. You're probably not a parent either.

Did you even read the post? First line. Their sons school.

Parents seem to think they're oblivious to rules of the road because they don't want their little dear walking the extra 2 minutes with themselves in tow.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Parents seem to think they're oblivious to rules of the road because they don't want their little dear walking the extra 2 minutes with themselves in tow.

And did you read what I wrote?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Maybe their son is the principal. Yeah lots of parents think they should be allowed park in their childs classroom. Lots of schools are in terrible spots for parking but really its not an excuse nobody wants to walk a few hundred yards because everyone is in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I have kids. I cycle to school with them every morning.

If there is a problem with one of their bikes, we walk. It is well over a kilometre, but we leave early. Once my sons are old enough to walk by themselves, they will walk by themselves. We trust ourselves and our kids to pick the right time when they can do this and avoid the perils of all the paedos littered around the country. Unfortunately that time is a year or two later than it ought to be because I think the risk of them being run over is quite high in the area around the school because of the issues I highlighted. A child was run over and killed in the area nearly 2 years ago. To my knowledge, none have been abducted by weirdos.

If for whatever reason I have to drive, I leave early enough so that I can either get a good car parking spot or I end up parking (legally) a fair bit from school and end up walking.

Yes, it is only 20 minutes or so in the morning and 20 minutes or so in the afternoon. But the point is that this is the time when there are lots of children walking on the road, so this is the time that the effect of somebody parking where they shouldn't is amplified (people in a rush....view obscured by car parked on the corner....kid run over). I witnessed a car go this close (my thumb and index finger are very close together) to rear-ending another car last week as the car in front quickly braked to get a "free" car parking spot. This spot was of course on the corner, half on a footpath with children walking on the footpath, with double yellow lines.

Most of the people I see parking near the school live a lot closer than we do to the school.

Regarding your solution, that sounds like a pain in the hole for you. The only solution is to park as close to the school as you can and then walk the remainder of the journey. I appreciate that is not ideal, however.

I have kids. I cycle to school with them every morning.
    If there is a problem with one of their bikes, we walk. It is well over a kilometre, but we leave early. Once my sons are old enough to walk by themselves, they will walk by themselves.

I would do the same but 5km each side + need to use motorway for part of trip is not allowing neither walking nor cycling. The parents that live close and could do that don't for the reasons only known to them.
    Unfortunately that time is a year or two later than it ought to be because I think the risk of them being run over is quite high in the area around the school because of the issues I highlighted. A child was run over and killed in the area nearly 2 years ago.

That too, the location and road setup + existing traffic makes it very dangerous for kids.
    To my knowledge, none have been abducted by weirdos. We trust ourselves and our kids to pick the right time when they can do this and avoid the perils of all the paedos littered around the country.

Littered was over-exaggerated from my side. I only mentioned this as parent do receive previously mentioned texts from school occasionally with warning to never leave kids unattended, that some weirdo was spotted approaching kids. Maybe it's only this particular school (close to Dublin mountains), there is a kid or two abducted and missing since 70ties or 80ties.
    If for whatever reason I have to drive, I leave early enough so that I can either get a good car parking spot or I end up parking (legally) a fair bit from school and end up walking.

I also leave early enough and as said, don't have much problems in the mornings, afternoons is different story. As a working parent I have to take time off the work to get to school then home and then back to work. It's not always possible to arrive well on time. Parking legally is not an option for this particular location there's literary no parking possible for miles. And I would assume there could be more schools with an issue similar to this.
    Yes, it is only 20 minutes or so in the morning and 20 minutes or so in the afternoon. But the point is that this is the time when there are lots of children walking on the road, so this is the time that the effect of somebody parking where they shouldn't is amplified (people in a rush....view obscured by car parked on the corner....kid run over).

I agree and that is technically right. But not really possible in real world. What is the suggestion/solution in my scenario?

Most of the people I see parking near the school live a lot closer than we do to the school.

That is also very true. Another problem I witness is that if at least all come in cars, park for sec, let the kid out and walk to door and leave it would still solve half the problem. However, I live in an area where apparently me and my missus are one of the few working parents. I see "professional housewives" bringing their only child to school very on time, parking up in only spaces available, bring kid to class door and then spend another half an hour or hour for chit-chats, catch-ups, housewife software updates or whatever they all do in the meantime just taking up these valuable, nearly-non-existent parking spaces. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

However, I live in an area where apparently me and my missus are one of the few working parents. I see "professional housewives" bringing their only child to school very on time, parking up in only spaces available, bring kid to class door and then spend another half an hour or hour for chit-chats, catch-ups, housewife software updates or whatever they all do in the meantime just taking up these valuable, nearly-non-existent parking spaces. :mad:

I'm sure if you get on to the local council they'll mark up parking places for "working parents only" that will allow you to get a parking spot and ensure all the coffee swilling, gossipy housewives are put in their place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Show us the famous refund letter OP. You did well, ncps are not easy to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chr15

My uncle got fined for being a little over the time on his ticket. He knew he was wrong so was about to pay ticket. Then he noticed that they had put the wrong reg no on the ticket - it was something like 05 instead of 04. He rang up to tell them their mistake, got as far as 'the reg number on the ticket is wrong' and the person on the other end just said they'd cancel the ticket. Didn't question it at all - didn't care what had actually been put down on the ticket, what should have been put down etc. So my uncle got out of it just for trying to tell them their mistake. Happy days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

For how long do you see this to happen? 25 min in the morning and 25 min in the afternoon? I was like you till I become a parent and have to go trough this sh1tty madness called - school run - every day.

Public transport infrastructure in crap in this country, school bus service is little to none, very few schools have few parking spaces, many have none. Country is littered with pedophiles and weirdos approaching small kids on their own, kids go missing. If a parent let's kid walk to school (if it is even possible, we live 5km from school) and anything happens to child, its parents fault, social services come in and show starts. Our school has few parking spaces when there's over 300 children attending school every day, parents regularly receive reminder texts to not leave children unattended, but happily at the same time arrange Garda to patrol at school and issue tickets to cars that are parked not in parking space. Luckily my child is old enough to walk to school door from road side where I drop her, so morning drive for me doesn't require parking. It's not the same in afternoon when parent is expected to wait for a child at school gates, that means I have to park somewhere.

Ah, the old "there's pedophile gangs roaming the streets in their thousands" approach.
    If you are that concerned you must also be aware that statistically children are most likely to be abused by family members or friends of the family. Are there statistics of these thousands of children that are abducted on a daily basis?

Advertisement