Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Black Friday deals???

Options
  • 27-11-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

Too lazy to look for myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Vodisport have knee wraps for 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I've had to talk myself out if buying everything all day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thanks. I got the Powerlift 2 shoes for €56. Was looking at them on Wednesday. Thankfully I didn't snap them up then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks. I got the Powerlift 2 shoes for €56. Was looking at them on Wednesday. Thankfully I didn't snap them up then.

Is the sizing the same as normal adidas? Looked at the size chart but kinda between 2 measurements - but normally take an 8 in adidas.

https://www.perfectbody.ie/black-friday-deals have some very good deals on branded supplements, ON, BSN etc. for Black Friday - €52 for gold standard whey is the cheapest I have seen in a good while - though obviously still much dearer than the bulk suppliers.

Discountsupplements.ie doing 15% off wit BF15 code I think.

Is the sizing the same as normal adidas? Looked at the size chart but kinda between 2 measurements - but normally take an 8 in adidas.

I take 11 in any Adidas runners I have, e.g. Samba, but went for 10 in PP2s and Powerlift 2s and they're spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Discountsupplemtnts.CO.UK, have 25% off most stuff

I take 11 in any Adidas runners I have, e.g. Samba, but went for 10 in PP2s and Powerlift 2s and they're spot on.

Thanks! Yes people recommend going down a size when you read the reviews so I should probably do that. Thanks for the advice - very helpful :)

• Advertisement

Thanks! Yes people recommend going down a size when you read the reviews so I should probably do that. Thanks for the advice - very helpful :)

You want them a bit tighter than normal runners. Nice 'n' snug like.

I tried them I'm 8.5 the other day and they were fine. Could possibly have gone down to 8 but I should be alright. I'm usually 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

I tried them I'm 8.5 the other day and they were fine. Could possibly have gone down to 8 but I should be alright. I'm usually 9.

Are Adidas narrow compared to Reebok. 8.5 in Nano's. Would a 9 be safe to order in these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

that's still €27 per kg.
    any of the major online sellers (MyProtein, BulkPowders, GoNutrition, etc) will be €15 per kg or less.
    and despite what ON might have you believe, there is no discernible difference.

They're being shipped from Germany. Won't be here until Friday. I can't wait that long. I need them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

They're being shipped from Germany. Won't be here until Friday. I can't wait that long. I need them now.

Was just looking at those shoes. I thought you were suppose to squat in flat shoes with no cushion in the heel. Or did I pick it up totally wrong??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was just looking at those shoes. I thought you were suppose to squat in flat shoes with no cushion in the heel. Or did I pick it up totally wrong??

Yes and no.

"squat shoes" are specially made with a solid heel (used to be wood!). The solid heel makes it a bit easier to get into a good position at the bottom of a squat, which means you squat more weight.

Flat shoes like cons have been recommended for a couple of reasons;

1) they typically have solid soles (good)

2) they allow you to "sit back" more into the squat, which can be a good thing depending on the style of squat you do, but 99%* of the population would be better served by using a slight heel elevation

*the 1% of people who would be better in flat shoes are multiply powerlifters, and if that doesn't make sense to you, don't worry - you're not one of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Hanley wrote: »
    Yes and no.

"squat shoes" are specially made with a solid heel (used to be wood!). The solid heel makes it a bit easier to get into a good position at the bottom of a squat, which means you squat more weight.

Flat shoes like cons have been recommended for a couple of reasons;

1) they typically have solid soles (good)

2) they allow you to "sit back" more into the squat, which can be a good thing depending on the style of squat you do, but 99%* of the population would be better served by using a slight heel elevation

*the 1% of people who would be better in flat shoes are multiply powerlifters, and if that doesn't make sense to you, don't worry - you're not one of them :)

Thanks. Am definitely comfortably in the 99% :)

Advertisement