Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - Leinster v Ulster - RDS Arena - Fri 27 November 19:35 | TG4 BBC NI

Options
  • 27-11-2015 12:36pm

Black Friday indeed.

As fixtures go in the pro12, a local darby between two top 5 teams is always one that comes with extra expectation and after two home European humiliations for both teams it would be fair to expect a more tense encounter today.

The pro12 is starting to shake up a bit now with seven rounds already out of the way and the internationals rotated back in for the most part. With two rounds of European rugby also accounted for it's time for the provinces to show where they are over the next 10 weeks.

Venue
    Leinster for a long time were pretty much unbeatable in the RDS but sadly the D4tress has had it's moat evaporated by dragons and it's gate rammed down by wasps. Ulster shouldn't fear coming down and should bring a vocal contingent of their own.

Teams
    Both sides have injury worries and whilst Leinster welcome back MikeMcCarthy they continue to be without Sean O'Brien who has been our best performing player this season and Richard O'Strauss who some would say fills the number two spot.

pkZ1R0H.png

Officials
    A rumour filtered through this morning that a number of fans, players and a moderator on a popular rugby forum made a formal complaint to the league about Lacey reffing this game. Supposedly Lacey charged into the Ulster team hotel early this morning and made quite an outburst. This has gone viral and holywood actor john tuturro has video'd an artistic interpretation of the tirade and what Lacey said to the Ulster players:

NSFW:
    Verdict
    I think Leinster should clinch this, but both teams could really do with winning this game so it's hard to know. One thing is for sure, if the Leinster Scrum falls apart like it did against Wasps then Ulster should be able to press advantage.

It will be a Black Friday for one of these teams, but I'm calling it Leinster by 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Thanks for the preview and the Lacey thing is funny, but that video isn't really on as kids read the forum.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Thanks for the preview and the Lacey thing is funny, but that video isn't really on as kids read the forum.

I'll spoiler it as NSFW maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I'll spoiler it as NSFW maybe?

Yes, nothing deters kids like telling them they shouldn't look at something...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

God help the world when the kids posting the rugby board find After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Great to see Luke McGrath get a game....he could be a real difference maker for this backline tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The table is an image. Fail. :p

molloyjh wrote: »

Yeah I couldn't get it to look right, ended up having to copy paste and I knew you wouldn't approve so I put team colour side bars on them just to keep the Jolly Hipster happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

molloyjh wrote: »

And it doesn't even use the players twitter handles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Leinster by 7.....

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That is a good thing surely, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The weather has turned sour after a clear morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think it's meant to clear up this evening/tonight but Met Eireann regularly update their forecasts so that could change the next time they look out their window :D

Stheno wrote: »
    That is a good thing surely, no?

#sure_is

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think it's meant to clear up this evening/tonight but Met Eireann regularly update their forecasts so that could change the next time they look out their window :D

Yeah and worse still, it looks like the ants are back

CLvVoIPWoAAroaa.jpg

Nacewa coming in for Kearney doesn't weaken us, and if RK gets another week to rest his immaculate glutes, then all the better.

Poor old Zane must be wondering if he's ever going to wear 15 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The Ulster back row need to perform tonight. Big opportunity for Reidy to show whether he is up to it or not.

Big chance for McCloskey to play his way into Schmidt's thoughts too. But he needs to cut out the errors. I'd say Jackson and Cave will have a point to prove.

Alas I think the Leinster back row will be the difference.

Leinster by 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Poor old Zane must be wondering if he's ever going to wear 15 again.

He will yeah. For the Blue Bulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Is there a way to tune in BBC NI HD on a Sky box in the south?

Have BBC NI, but SD only

• Advertisement

jk86 wrote: »
    Is there a way to tune in BBC NI HD on a Sky box in the south?

Have BBC NI, but SD only

There is no bbc NI HD

TG4 on UPC is the only HD outlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

So cold, this game better be good ;) leinster by 8

Kyle McCall looks so out of shape.

Jesus having a word with Jack McGrath there.

Even though he's not on my team, I almost want to cheer for Henderson at time...!

Dat Scrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Jesus there's hardly anyone at the game. So bare in the stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lazy running? He didn't even fcuking walk...

Clever by McGrath but really stupid by Herbst

Lovely aggressive play from Furlong, Sexton got away with holding onto the wrong player on the ground there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Leinster looking a lot sharper tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Sexton pulling the strings

Advertisement