Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you need to buy your lunch out tomorrow. what do you get?

Options
  • 27-11-2015 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

ok lets say you have a busy week at work and just don't get the meal prep done at home. what can you buy out in a shop to substitute. for the purpose of this lets take supervalu as the shop you will be going for. What meal could you buy for lunch which is high in protein, carbs and fats while still being reasonably priced. (obviously uncooked chicken breasts are out the question etc since there will be nowhere to cook them).

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Plain chicken, cheese, an egg and loads of salad?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

mengele wrote: »
    ok lets say you have a busy week at work and just don't get the meal prep done at home. what can you buy out in a shop to substitute. for the purpose of this lets take supervalu as the shop you will be going for. What meal could you buy for lunch which is high in protein, carbs and fats while still being reasonably priced. (obviously uncooked chicken breasts are out the question etc since there will be nowhere to cook them).
    Subway?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mengele wrote: »
    (obviously uncooked chicken breasts are out the question etc since there will be nowhere to cook them).

So buy cooked chicken?

I imagine most supermarkets still sell whole/half roast chickens.
    That's my usual go to, along with some crunchy slaw mix and avocado or peri peri sauce.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Subway?

Very unhealthy, grand I guess if you are on hourly rates dragging jobs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

2* those new John West tuna cans that are dry and throw them into a ready made salad bowl

....lol- I would go get a burrito

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Tins of tuna and a salad. Or if there's a deli counter, loads of chicken and non-mayo'd egg and tuna. Or cooked chicken thrown into a tub of the best soup they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

edit: didn't read OP properly!!

Do you have somewhere to get a plate etc? Or does it have to come with a plastic fork and be eaten out of the packet?

I often go for smoked salmon, avocado, spinach, packet of ready made quinoa or brown rice if you're after carbs.

Otherwise as others have said, a pre prepared salad bowl and chicken.

I work near an M&S so I'm lucky in that they do lots of healthy and convenient food, I don't have much of an excuse to get something unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

If I buy lunch out (Centra not supervalue) I usually get a chicken salad.
    Its a little expensive €5 but its quite nice.
    couscous, beetroot and cheese, chicken breast on a bed of lettuce. They have a dressing that goes with it (which is most likely very high in calories) but you don't have to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

once off : zaytoon or buritto place

regular occasion , salad bar in a shop added in some chicken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

The sensible part of my brain would say get a rotisserie chicken and whatever carbs and greens suit for that day..... in reality I've just gone into McChain chipper and gotten 10 eurosaver hamburgers or 2 megabucket meals

Advertisement