Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you a fag?......leads to assault

Options
124»

Comments

bigroad wrote: »
    I think there is a connection between not building a new prison and the legal system keeping their revolving door policy.

Building and operating a prison are great for employment. We have had worse employment schemes that didn't have any benefits for society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

:confused:

oops

she stamped on my hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Ah it's no better or worse than anywhere else really I think.

Everywhere has a few scumbags looking for trouble.
    Some places have more of that kinda trouble than others though. It's definitely not spread evenly. I'm not very familiar with Galway and its surrounds for sure, but I've really noticed a lack of scumminess there when I do visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I was sitting at home one evening when the doorbell rang.

When I answered the door, there was a 6 foot tall Cockroach just standing there.

He punched me on the nose and scampered off.

Apparently there’s a nasty bug going around.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Any one know what the different levels of Gbh are.
    When does it go to attempted murder causing Gbh.
    What is the lowest to the highest .
    A guy I know was attacked a few weeks ago by 8 scum dancing and jumping on his head.
    The boss of the gang came back to give him up to ten kicks to try and finish him off.
    He is alive but in a very bad way with brain damage.
    As far as am concerned the scum should be charged with attempted murder causing Gbh.

Charged?!?
    They should be thrown into a river with cement shoes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    What a fúcking mental existence. Think you need to grow up a bit!

Nothing to do with growing up, I have a pretty bad anxiety disorder and am like that all the time when I go outside or places with people, even moreso if there's alcohol involved, always looking over my shoulder for potential trouble and making myself leave situations that I could enjoy and are probably harmless out of fear. Might seem mental but that's life for some people and when you hear about assaults like this I think it makes it a little easier to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

There's a case reported today where a guy was convicted of stealing headstones etc from graves. Judge went on about how terrible it was for those who had lost loved ones, children etc and sentenced him to 3 years on each of eight charges to run concurrently.

Ok, I thought, three years and nothing suspended is still a fair enough sentence.

But then the judge announced that the guy was in jail at present serving four years for another crime. So he backdated the start of the three years sentences and made them run concurrently with his present jail sentence.

So essentially the guy, an obviously habitual criminal, got off scot free.

The Irish justice system is cockeyed. If somebody burgles your house, they'll get off (as in no serious penalty) the first several times they get convicted. But if somebody slips on your floor...it will cost you 20k.

Nope...If some little scrote breaks into my house they are in trouble...not by me...not by my wife...by the 2 rottweilers that live there..And if they slip and break a bone...I'll make sure to break another for good measure. ...call me macho or whatever you want. ....I can't stand scum. ..and I own my house. ..I worked hard for it. ...no one is going to make me feel unsafe in a building I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Augme

Is it possible that we could get the public to have a march for change in the justice system a the government are doing nothing because they wont build more prisons.
    I think there is a connection between not building a new prison and the legal system keeping their revolving door policy.
    Are they afraid they will be down a 100k or something.

Where will the money come for these prisons? The public generally aren't happy when they have to pay more tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

Augme wrote: »
    Where will the money come for these prisons? The public generally aren't happy when they have to pay more tax.

The Government have plenty of cash ,its just wasted. I will start with the free legal aid that's wasted on these repeat offenders. Gardaí man hours is another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Any one know what the different levels of Gbh are.
    When does it go to attempted murder causing Gbh.
    What is the lowest to the highest .
    A guy I know was attacked a few weeks ago by 8 scum dancing and jumping on his head.
    The boss of the gang came back to give him up to ten kicks to try and finish him off.
    He is alive but in a very bad way with brain damage.
    As far as am concerned the scum should be charged with attempted murder causing Gbh.

was that the guy in Crumlin? i read a story about it in the Indo, f'in awful..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

Piriz wrote: »
    was that the guy in Crumlin? i read a story about it in the Indo, f'in awful..

Yes .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

The Government have plenty of cash ,its just wasted. I will start with the free legal aid that's wasted on these repeat offenders. Gardaí man hours is another one.

What? That statement is so contradictory I won't even bother getting into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭eladnova

Reading this thread has made me realise I need to be more cautious in Dublin. I feel for you guys and girls who have experienced hassle and assault. I can't imagine how scary that is or how it affects your confidence and trust in people. Sending you good thoughts!

I've never had any physical hassle but that's probably a result of sheer naivety (when I was younger) and I've always been tall for my age. 22 years ago I would have been coming out of Fibbers off Parnell Street or various gigs round the Point in the AM hours. 22 years later and my partner gets very concerned if I've to be in town at night time. I always laugh at her and in the back of my mind I'm thinking "I'm tall. I've FROM the north side. I've never had any real hassle". Of course I can see how stupid that is in the face of random assault.

In all my years in living in Dublin I've only had one incident. Looking back it was the 'ole size em up routine but I didn't realise at the time and was probably one of the reasons I escaped without a broken face. Our college had access to a swimming pool down down at Sean McDermott Street (off Gardiner Street). God knows why - it was miles away. I went once one winter night around 6pm. Pitch black. Street deserted. it's got that wierd tension you can pickup sometimes when your spidey senses are working. Sure enough some guy appears out of nowehere, blocks my path and to be honest I didn't understand completely what he said (which probably helped). It sounded like "Heorrrr bud, you wann smack?". I tried to understand the question. Did I want a smack? Or did I want smack (to but some)? Either way, the answer was no and I got out of there. I always think back to that day and how lucky I possibly was and how quickly it can happen.

Funny you mention Galway. It's the only place I've ever been to where I consistently experienced random hassle. Is there a particularly big drug problem there or maybe I stayed in the wrong hostels when I was younger?

First time I was in a chipper around 3AM with a mate. Some guy came in and stood at the opposite end of the counter. We took no notice of him but were watching the TV above his head. I think he intrepreted this as us looking at him because he started to get real aggressive very quickly. He didn't actually approach us but he was quickly escalating from "What the f**k do you want? Are you looking at ME?????" etc. I realised he sweating profusely and when het tried wiping his face with the laminated menus we bailed.

Second time was walking back to hostel in the early hours with a mate and some guy started to scream at any/everyone for zero reason. He then proceeded to kick the **** out of several cars at a red light. It seemed completely random as he was walking somewhat calmly down the road on front of us just before he kicked off. One of those cars was a Garda car which he hadn't noticed so his episode didn't last long.

Advertisement