Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Help! Where to get a Molex to 6pin converter for graphics card..

• 25-11-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭ zaphodbeeb

Hi,

Long story short a friend of mine's graphics card died on him, and he was stuck so I gave him one out of my secondary machine. I've just bought a second hand 6870 but the PSU in the machine only has one 6pin PCI-E power plug.

I was sure I had a dual 4 pin Molex to 6pin PCI-E adapter myself but can't find it. I've rang a number of local stores (Firhouse / Tallaght) and none seem to have one.

I could order from China and get one cheap but wait a month or order from the UK and pay 20 - 25 pounds once you factor in shipping.

Is there *anywhere* I might get one relatively local?

Any help hugely appreciated! :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,935 ✭✭✭✭ TerrorFirmer

25-30 from the UK? :confused:

Looking on Ebay I can see plenty for a few euro within the EU.

I'm sure one of the guys here will have one - personally I have more than I could ever use, literally dozens. I could send you one in the post if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭ zaphodbeeb

...I'd take two and very happily pay you for them.

Would a tenner be fair (including postage)? I realise you've offered these from the goodness of your heart but would like to pay for your trouble - especially as it'll mean I can use the computer again without further delays :-)

So, how best to proceed?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ AntDub

Got one for a fiver :-)_

I had tried their online checker a day or so before posting and it said that they just had one in LETTERKENNY :-) so it must've updated or something.

Anyway, now typing on the machine I was trying to get running so thanks a million.

Now if only Microsoft didn't think I was a victim of software counterfeiting because I've changed my graphics card......

If you need any again, just send me a PM! I get them with every graphics card, but I've never had to actually use one, so they just build up, and up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭ Xenoronin

But you keep them... just in case. I think we are all guilty of the box of bits and cables, though yours probably puts a lot of ours to shame.

Xenoronin wrote: »
    But you keep them... just in case. I think we are all guilty of the box of bits and cables, though yours probably puts a lot of ours to shame.

I have a few boxes, just opened the first box now that you mention it, and found these :rolleyes:

AhMIjv2.jpg

@TerrorFirmer: If you're anywhere near Tallaght I'd take a few off you for a few bob for spares :)

And thanks again for your kind offer originally :D

Advertisement