Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help! Where to get a Molex to 6pin converter for graphics card..

• 25-11-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi,

Long story short a friend of mine's graphics card died on him, and he was stuck so I gave him one out of my secondary machine. I've just bought a second hand 6870 but the PSU in the machine only has one 6pin PCI-E power plug.

I was sure I had a dual 4 pin Molex to 6pin PCI-E adapter myself but can't find it. I've rang a number of local stores (Firhouse / Tallaght) and none seem to have one.

I could order from China and get one cheap but wait a month or order from the UK and pay 20 - 25 pounds once you factor in shipping.

Is there *anywhere* I might get one relatively local?

Any help hugely appreciated! :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

25-30 from the UK? :confused:

Looking on Ebay I can see plenty for a few euro within the EU.

I'm sure one of the guys here will have one - personally I have more than I could ever use, literally dozens. I could send you one in the post if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

...I'd take two and very happily pay you for them.

Would a tenner be fair (including postage)? I realise you've offered these from the goodness of your heart but would like to pay for your trouble - especially as it'll mean I can use the computer again without further delays :-)

So, how best to proceed?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

Got one for a fiver :-)_

I had tried their online checker a day or so before posting and it said that they just had one in LETTERKENNY :-) so it must've updated or something.

Anyway, now typing on the machine I was trying to get running so thanks a million.

Now if only Microsoft didn't think I was a victim of software counterfeiting because I've changed my graphics card......

If you need any again, just send me a PM! I get them with every graphics card, but I've never had to actually use one, so they just build up, and up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

But you keep them... just in case. I think we are all guilty of the box of bits and cables, though yours probably puts a lot of ours to shame.

Xenoronin wrote: »
    But you keep them... just in case. I think we are all guilty of the box of bits and cables, though yours probably puts a lot of ours to shame.

I have a few boxes, just opened the first box now that you mention it, and found these :rolleyes:

AhMIjv2.jpg

@TerrorFirmer: If you're anywhere near Tallaght I'd take a few off you for a few bob for spares :)

And thanks again for your kind offer originally :D

Advertisement