Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IF question

Options
  • 25-11-2015 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi all, I've experienced an odd phenomenon that maybe someone with better nutritional knowledge might be able to explain. I find that when I try to drop weight on a 2800 x 7 calorie per day deficit that my progress is slow and almost unnoticeable. However, when I change that to an equalised caloric deficit diet (3720 cals for 5 days and 500 on fast days), the fat literally melts off me. I haven't been successful with the former method in 6 or 7 years but the IF gives me sustained and rapid results, though I do often rebound. Maybe my calorie calculations are off but I weigh everything I eat so I'm pretty sure my maths are correct. Any underlying hormonal processes that could be causing this? GH production etc.?

Cheers,
    DH

Advertisement