Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo A8 8 Inch 16GB Tablet €69.99 @argos [No code requests]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

None left in dublin :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

JosDel wrote: »
    None left in dublin :(

Check after closing time tonight, could take from a few minutes to a couple of hours to show as in stock, reserved items not collected will come available.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Could anybody who got one please check to see if its got one or two speakers the spec sheet says dual speakers but i think not.

" Model number: A8 - MIDNIGHT BLUE.
    An 8" wide-view HD display and Dolby® enhanced dual front speakers "

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Could anybody who got one please check to see if its got one or two speakers the spec sheet says dual speakers but i think not.

" Model number: A8 - MIDNIGHT BLUE.
    An 8" wide-view HD display and Dolby® enhanced dual front speakers "
    The a8 Only has 1 speaker while the a8-50 has 2 speakers the listing on argos is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

I just reserved a lenovo tab, will Argos allow me to purchase at todays price when i pick i up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

There is one there for Mahon in Cork if anyone is after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

brevity wrote: »
    There is one there for Mahon in Cork if anyone is after it.

Gone arghhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I have a code for athlone if anyone wants it?

Gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

1 gb RAM is not enough for Android. the thing will lag like mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Jlayay wrote: »
    1 gb RAM is not enough for Android. the thing will lag like mad.

Yea, android has grown to be hog. This Tab is a POS, same with Amazons Tab and it was bought by the truck load today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

1gig not enough for what kids would want a tablet for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

dave1982 wrote: »
    1gig not enough for what kids would want a tablet for?

I don't they'll have a problem. They just wait a bit longer for things to load.

Read reviews of it, to get the details
    http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/tablets/lenovo-a8
    http://www.tabletpcreview.com/tabletreview/lenovo-tab-2-a8-50-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Have a code for Tallaght until 30/11/15 ...first to reply here can have it

EDIT : Gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OK I have a couple of codes for this tablet as I reserved those as close as possible for collection but now I have two ordered closer to me.

I obviously couldn't reserve the ones I now have because they only became available a short while ago and now I am making the others available.

There is 1 available in Omni Park Santry till close on Monday (PM only for code)

I also have 1 available in Athlone which also has the GoPro camera included but you don't have to buy that. (Again PM only for code)

I have not done this for thanks but more making sure that I get the items I am looking for and have only reserved a few items in other stores despite what others might claim..

All codes gone and any further surplus codes will just go in my email bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

there is 1 in galway!

3 in Cruises st Limerick

I have no codes left and won't be offering any other surplus codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@foggy_lad - the moderator team bought in the ban on code requests and code swaps, partially as a response to the type of scenario you've created. Please do not offer codes in this manner again. Once-off offers of codes than cannot genuinely be used is fine. Final warning.

Posters - REPORT posts that you disagree with. Do not create noise in the thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

beauf wrote: »
    I don't they'll have a problem. They just wait a bit longer for things to load.

Read reviews of it, to get the details
    http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/tablets/lenovo-a8
    http://www.tabletpcreview.com/tabletreview/lenovo-tab-2-a8-50-review/

Just to note that the second review (tabletpcreview.com) is the newer version, not the one on offer.

I had the A8 for bit, but had fairly severe light bleed. Won't matter for kids playing games, but for a movie on a long hall flight it might be less acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

barneyrub wrote: »
    I ordered this yesterday. Not sure if it fits it now but can let you know when it gets here
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UYU2ZYK?ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1
    Just to update that this arrived today. Gave it a quick check and it fits the tab perfectly. Camera can be used while on and the power/volume buttons are accessible.
    You can't access the sd card slot with it on but that wouldn't really be an issue here.

hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I had two reserved and went to collect yesterday but there was nothing there, they've 'extended' the reservation to the 9th December not sure what good thats supposed to do. Do I have any come back here? I've emailed bu no response yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

barneyrub wrote: »
    Just to update that this arrived today. Gave it a quick check and it fits the tab perfectly. Camera can be used while on and the power/volume buttons are accessible.
    You can't access the sd card slot with it on but that wouldn't really be an issue here.

hth
    Thanks for that. Will buy one for my Dad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Managed to get one of these reserved to collect tomorrow. Xmas present for the mother and she will be using it for browsing and email mostly.

Anyone who has one is the camera any good on it?

I had two reserved and went to collect yesterday but there was nothing there, they've 'extended' the reservation to the 9th December not sure what good thats supposed to do. Do I have any come back here? I've emailed bu no response yet.

Went to buy two last week out of stock so ordered for delivery around the 2nd Dec got email confirmation an all but not a smell of one I'd say I'll be waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

up to €140 now on site - I was hoping i'd get an email but obviously won't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

I bought one of these covers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016TQXNXE?keywords=Tablet%20cover%20Lenovo%20a8&qid=1449252218&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

It's not a great fit to be honest. The little camera guard is in the wrong place which is fine. But the buttons for on off keep activating the power.

Just in case anyone else is thinking of getting one. They are not really suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

freida wrote: »
    I bought one of these covers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016TQXNXE?keywords=Tablet%20cover%20Lenovo%20a8&qid=1449252218&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

It's not a great fit to be honest. The little camera guard is in the wrong place which is fine. But the buttons for on off keep activating the power.

Just in case anyone else is thinking of getting one. They are not really suitable

That cover is for the Tab 2 A8.
    Is it the Tab 2 model you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Anyone got an email was due to be in stock on 1st dec but no email for me. Anyone pick ome u for 69 after the time it went up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How would this compare to the hudl 2?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    How would this compare to the hudl 2?

Strangely it's discontinued now but was sold tesco's very similar stick with the lenovo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Sorry for bringing up thread again but have two questions rekating to this tablet

1. Did anyone manage to get a decent fitting cover. I picked up a cover on ebay but its difficult to press power button as theyre so far towards the back on the tablet

2. I've a Samsung smart tv with allshare. Its a few years old. Is there any way of mirroring the screen on the lenovo. Ive tried pressing cast screen on the tablet but it doesnt find any devices. Is there a way of getting it to work or would I need to get something like chromecast or a hdmi cable.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement