Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 arcade stick/joypads megathread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Wonder will you still need to hook up a DS4 and deal with 8 min timeout nonsense though. As Kiki said, time will tell. Brook converters are still a great option (sub 1f lag) for people with xbox sticks

On that note, UK site Arcade World have begun stocking Brook converters, which is great news for anyone who wants to pick one up in time for SF5, without having to buy from a US/Korean vendor etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Placebo wrote: »
    where did you get it from and how long was delivery ?
    From Paradise arcade to Parcel Motel. Took about a week and worked out around €50 after exchange rates, shipping, and parcel motel charge($40 before).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ramza wrote: »
    Wonder will you still need to hook up a DS4 and deal with 8 min timeout nonsense though. As Kiki said, time will tell. Brook converters are still a great option (sub 1f lag) for people with xbox sticks

On that note, UK site Arcade World have begun stocking Brook converters, which is great news for anyone who wants to pick one up in time for SF5, without having to buy from a US/Korean vendor etc.

So i've been following this a bit
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191312/how-much-does-your-arcade-stick-lag-arcade-stick-input-lag-testing-results-thread/p1

reading more than a couple of pages - hurts my head though. I'm not sure how accurate the hypothesis is but the Madcatz fight stick pro on the ps3 anyway is at the very bottom of the list with 21ms lag. Which seems quite bad, i'm not sure if its a safe assumption to expect the 360 version of the stick to have similar lag?
    Regarding books convertor, that has to add some lag too, how many milliseconds is 1F? Anyway it all sounds really laggy but you've tested it and ima go with your opinion.
    I guess we can always get a pcb like Arkishop 360 which has 0 ms lag on that list [now that SF5 supports ps3 sticks]

also been following this http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categories/brook-adapters.html
    expected stock date was 10 before, now it reads 'Expected stock date is 12th Feb 2016'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

how many milliseconds is 1F?

Like 13ms or 14ms I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Advertisement

My opinion is based solely off of my own personal experience and not raw numbers though - Using a brook converter with my current stick (the same one I've been using on xbox for the last years) I haven't noticed any lag at all on ps4. The tech talk people on SRK also seem to mirror this, as through testing they have found the converters to be very reliable and of very low input lag, circa 1f if I am not mistaken (which I would believe to be true).

Regarding MCZ fightstick pro being a laggy stick, idk, I've used countless sticks down the years and I find it great, input wise I don't notice any difference between it and any other stick. I think if you own a 360 stick, best to go with a brook converter or some type of board that will allow ps4 compatibility. This way you'll still be using your current stick, and will probably be most comfortable, and cheaper.

FWIW, there have been reports of the lab zero driver in SF5 causing input drops and some slight delay, as well as needing a DS4 controller hooked up at all times while using said PS3 stick...which is annoying. Brook converters don't have this limitation, for the most part it is literally plug and play, happy days.

Either way it's up to you, might be worth looking into some of those options on that list (such as the PS360+, I know some people swear by it), if you wanna reduce input lag as much as possible, but going with a converter or even just a new ps3 stick should be fine, really. I haven't noticed a difference from using my current stick on xbox and now on ps4 with a converter, and especially in SF5, a game with a 3F buffer, it matters even less. Honestly I would recommend them to anyone who currently owns an xbox stick, but at the end of the day it's really your call.

I ordered my converter from a spanish site, found here. Took about a week and seems the best option at the minute outside of ordering from USA/Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Cheers Ramza, im gonna go with convertor for now and maybe mod it at a future release. Those lag tests dont seem accurate to the ms anyway. I need that convertor by the 16th LOL, so hoping the UK shop gets them in stop by the 12th

http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categor...-adapters.html
    Now reads 'Expected stock date is 16th Feb 2016'

Cheers Ramza, im gonna go with convertor for now and maybe mod it at a future release. Those lag tests dont seem accurate to the ms anyway. I need that convertor by the 16th LOL, so hoping the UK shop gets them in stop by the 12th

http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categor...-adapters.html
    Now reads 'Expected stock date is 16th Feb 2016'

Did you try the spanish site I linked at the end of my post? Worth a shot, that's where I got mine and delivery didn't take too long

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

As a pas fellow, I just decided to forgo the converter stuff and bought the new Madcatz Fightpad pro. One of these yokes.

129094012.jpeg

I suppose that's an option that expensive stick users dont really have. The new D-pad will take some getting used to but its simpler than have to use tech for my other pads. I hope its here by Tuesday. 2 day delivery so it should be.

And sure If I don't like it, I can use the old ps3 fightpad or buy a hori commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DoCrcxr.jpg?1

Mayflash F300
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronics-Mayflash-Arcade-Fightstick-Joystick-F300/dp/B019MFPLC0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1455799097&sr=8-4&keywords=ps4+stick

Case seems very similar to Venom, however:
    This stick requires a DualShock4 / Xbox One pad as a pass-through to work on Gen8 consoles.

Also the parts are probably bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Kirby wrote: »
    As a pas fellow, I just decided to forgo the converter stuff and bought the new Madcatz Fightpad pro...

Did you get it yet? Might get it myself if that wierd steam dpad is any use.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I grabbed myself a piece of the sinking ship.

N8U8b7Il.jpg

Did you get it yet? Might get it myself if that wierd steam dpad is any use.

Not yet. It should have been here by Wednesday at the latest but alas its Friday and still no sign of it. Its frustrating but what can ye do?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does anyone know if the SFIV Mad Catz joypads work with either the PS4 or Xbox One? They're USB if I remember correctly and I loved using them.

Does anyone know if the SFIV Mad Catz joypads work with either the PS4 or Xbox One? They're USB if I remember correctly and I loved using them.

No they don't work by default. If you plug them in on the main system page or in a game, the system doesn't recognise them.

The exception is in Street Fighter 5 which ps3 pads do work with the legacy mode......but there is input delay so it's not ideal.

Alternatively, if you buy an adapter they can work. Brook or CronuxMax are the popular ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm going to go with NO unless you use a Brook converter.

IIRC the wired version was only on Xbox 360, so it is not compatible with either PS4 or Xbone.
    The PS3 joypad was with a wireless dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've called every retail store in Dublin, even the second hand ones, not a single fight stick in stock for any console :-(

Ideally I want the new RAP4 (hayabusa buttons) but amazon uk only have the one with Kuro buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ShaneU wrote: »
    I've called every retail store in Dublin, even the second hand ones, not a single fight stick in stock for any console :-(

Ideally I want the new RAP4 (hayabusa buttons) but amazon uk only have the one with Kuro buttons.

Admittedly I'm very much a casual player but I own have been using the RAP4 Kai by Hori for a few month now.

I like the stick and it gets great reviews in fairness so no surprise there but I also find nothing particularly wrong with the kuro buttons.

I've used the sanwa and now these and both are different but both perfectly fine imho.

Just my 2 cents on it. For what it's worth I've had no squeeking issues at all with the buttons that some folk seem to be giving out about. Maybe I've just been lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm using the HRAP 4 Kai too and it's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Now that Street Fighter V has been out for a while, how're people who have Brook's 360 to PS4 converters finding them? I've a tournament edition 360 stick sitting idle and will be getting Street Fighter soon - well when I'm finished Dark Souls first, so was thinking of getting a converter.

Edit: where is the best site to buy the converter?

• Advertisement

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Now that Street Fighter V has been out for a while, how're people who have Brook's 360 to PS4 converters finding them? I've a tournament edition 360 stick sitting idle and will be getting Street Fighter soon - well when I'm finished Dark Souls first, so was thinking of getting a converter.

Edit: where is the best site to buy the converter?

I've been using a Brook for months and it's brilliant, no issues or complaints. Just plug and play. You will however need to update to the latest firmware but it's a doddle if you just follow the instructions on their website, takes ~2 minutes.

This site is likely the best for purchasing. UK based, saves all the hassle of ordering from overseas (like I had to months ago :eek: )

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Good stuff. Was gonna get it off Amazon but is now showing as out of stock. Might check both sites again when I get the game. Have to make use of the fight stick this time - I'd say I used it for about 5 hours total and she wanted me to get rid of it.
    Ramza wrote: »
    I've been using a Brook for months and it's brilliant, no issues or complaints. Just plug and play. You will however need to update to the latest firmware but it's a doddle if you just follow the instructions on their website, takes ~2 minutes.

This site is likely the best for purchasing. UK based, saves all the hassle of ordering from overseas (like I had to months ago :eek: )

Advertisement