Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW14 Captain Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FortySeven wrote:
    This has definitely been the hardest week so far for me. So many variables. I don't really like my Aguero decision but I feel he may just explode after the CL. Defeat is fresh in the mind but they are awful with Kompany missing IMO. A real danger of them going a goal down early on and not recovering.

FortySeven wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Vardy will score, it seems to be written but I was very tempted to captain Mahrez on the basis that Utd will concentrate their defence on the man with the record to beat and miss the ever present threat from Mahrez.

FortySeven wrote:
    Can't believe how tense I am, football as never been so interesting since I started this FF craic.

All valid points. Interesting view on Mahrez.

A lot of ppl of fpl are shipping vardy out which is madness in my book. He'll have to blank 2 weeks in a row before I even consider it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

All valid points. Interesting view on Mahrez.

A lot of ppl of fpl are shipping vardy out which is madness in my book. He'll have to blank 2 weeks in a row before I even consider it.

Yep, me too. There is a lot of quality in that Leicester squad, needs defence shoring up but I have been pleased to see Schlupp getting forward at pace. He looks good for a few assists in the future, with Mahrez and Vardy I think a lot of people are too quick to say it can't last, they have a strong midfield. A great playmaker and a great striker. Management isn't shabby either but he is a worry for the FF, he benched Mahrez when I had him captained a few weeks ago. Benched schlupp too.

Dark horses.IMO. I have Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy and Schlupp. Thinking of swapping out Drinkwater though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FortySeven wrote:
    Yep, me too. There is a lot of quality in that Leicester squad, needs defence shoring up but I have been pleased to see Schlupp getting forward at pace. He looks good for a few assists in the future, with Mahrez and Vardy I think a lot of people are too quick to say it can't last, they have a strong midfield. A great playmaker and a great striker. Management isn't shabby either but he is a worry for the FF, he benched Mahrez when I had him captained a few weeks ago. Benched schlupp too.

Dark horses.IMO. I have Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy and Schlupp. Thinking of swapping out Drinkwater though.

How do you have 4 Leicester players?

That's really overthinking it:P

Ha!You don't know the half of it!
    First season, yes. I'm on a mission to defeat a few who think they know it all at work. Going well so far in position 1.

Thanks for the welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »

indeed.....

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »

Work league is Sky Sports FF. Will be joining the PL next season, it looks much more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

spock. wrote:

km79 wrote:
    indeed.....

Sky sports version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FortySeven wrote: »
    First season, yes. I'm on a mission to defeat a few who think they know it all at work. Going well so far in position 1.

Thanks for the welcome.

Fair play to you, everyone on here thinks they know it all though.;)
    If you're a newbie those work lads will be very confident of reeling you in.

You need to get into FPL alright.

Sanchez is dropping tonight ?????? all those lovely points on Sunday to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

3rd drop for BUIB :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

The thought of captaining Lukaku two weeks in a row is giving me the heebie jeebies.

jimmii wrote: »
    Sanchez. Rumour is he is going to smite the doubters with the full extent of his powers.

:D:D:D

Whatever way it goes there is gonna be some serious gloating on Sunday! I've had Sanchez for almost all of this season and sold him this week after several blanks. Knowing my luck, he'll score 16 points, Ozil will do nothing, and Aguero will fall over and hurt himself within the first 5 minutes.

I think this is gonna be a decisive gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

So I'm the only 1 here with the armband on giroud.... This could be making of breaking of me then. I guess if I do go giroud I'll want lukaku to do nothing even tho he's my vice

Whatever way it goes there is gonna be some serious gloating on Sunday! I've had Sanchez for almost all of this season and sold him this week after several blanks. Knowing my luck, he'll score 16 points, Ozil will do nothing, and Aguero will fall over and hurt himself within the first 5 minutes.

I think it is too
    I have 3 great options in lukaku kane and Sanchez
    I went with my gut last week and against the poll with Kane
    I'll do similar this week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmmm i have all 3 but don't want Aguero getting injured,

Ace2007 wrote: »
    hmmm i have all 3 but don't want Aguero getting injured,

I'm perfectly fine with selling KdB for Sanchez, if it's warranted, but I'd rather avoid a twist of fate involving Sanchez going on a rampage the week I sell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

FortySeven wrote: »

Thanks for the welcome.

Ha, I am in the same boat. Guys who have played a number of years and think they know everything. But they never discovered this forum!!

I sent them a photo of me in a football manager's sheepskin coat and asked them if they needed advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I might actually go with Aguero, playing at home is a big plus - there has only being one home game that he's got nothing from this season, goals, or assists in the others.

In the last 6 home games, bournemouth have only once conceded more than 1 goal (that was v spurs, where they conceded 5).

Edit to add: i also tend to have rule that i prefer to captain a player whose game is live on TV, and just saw that the City game is live... i think that's a sign.

Jaggo wrote: »
    Ha, I am in the same boat. Guys who have played a number of years and think they know everything. But they never discovered this forum!!

I sent them a photo of me in a football manager's sheepskin coat and asked them if they needed advice.

Ha ha! I wish I'd thought of that! Brilliant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I might actually go with Aguero, playing at home is a big plus - there has only being one home game that he's got nothing from this season, goals, or assists in the others.

In the last 6 home games, bournemouth have only once conceded more than 1 goal (that was v spurs, where they conceded 5).

Edit to add: i also tend to have rule that i prefer to captain a player whose game is live on TV, and just saw that the City game is live... i think that's a sign.

Besides Leicester and Spurs, the teams they've played at home aren't exactly titans of attack (Villa, Sunderland, Watford, Newcastle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have Sanchez Aguero and Lukaku in my team!

Went with Sanchez last week ... Lukaku exploded

Leaving it on Sanchez because of his midweek exploits!

* the only captain score (bar the 2pts for playing 60mins) that Ive scored this season was Aguero's 25 point haul!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

km79 wrote: »
    I think it is too
    I have 3 great options in lukaku kane and Sanchez
    I went with my gut last week and against the poll with Kane
    I'll do similar this week

It's a pick' n'mix here, Sanchez, Lukaku, Kane and aguero all in my squad. I've probably pulled the trigger too soon on Aguero but it's my first season of desperation that has been a complete catastrophe so I'll gambool!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thinking of sticking with Ozil or maybe go with Aguero. Can't decide. Southampton are pretty solid defensively for the most part so can't see Aguero going on a rampage against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Sanchez time :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Tekkers is getting the armband

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Tekkers is getting the armband

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Silva will be playing this weekend, going with Aguero now!

siblers wrote: »
    Silva will be playing this weekend, going with Aguero now!

Well hunky me dory! That is great news. Here's hoping they can hold firm in the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Lanzini is tempting me. Can see West Ham running over West Brom after the hammering they got last time out. He's looking like the main man too now Payet is out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Am I mad putting Firminho as captain? Need a differential and Swansea are porous.Have the likes of Kane,Lukaku as options.

Advertisement