Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clutch for MF135 11"

Options
  • 23-11-2015 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Am looking for a clutch kit for a 1965 MF135. Have it taken apart now and it measures 11". Called a local dealer and MF one seems to be very expensive Was told the Lux clutches are good but MF dealer says that these are the genuine ones. Could anyone recommend a good brand. Was told Valeo are crap. Also found this site, Tractor Spares warehouse. They do a 12" Lux for about €300, was wondering has anyone bought from them.

Thanks.

Tractor Spares Warehouse
    Carrigeen House
    Carrigeen
    Legan
    Co. Longford

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Get a lux one and cut out every second spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gholian

why would I cut out every second spring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

To be able to physically depress the clutch.

Are Lux clutches not good enough that the clutch pedal can be pressed relatively easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DirtyDiesels

gholian wrote: »
    Are Lux clutches not good enough that the clutch pedal can be pressed relatively easily.

would it not be 'Luk" instead of "lux"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

Luk. Just a brand. Valeo, just a brand . The 135 11 inch clutch should only have 6 red springs instead of the usual 12 . Mf clutch is a waste of money and overpriced by double. Make sure to get the kit od clutch disc an 2 bearings.

For the nerds- i know the clutch did originally have 12 springs but they weren't red they we green or and yellow to denote different pressures. This system dies a long time ago leaving just red springs.

Yes, Luk instead of Lux, sorry.

Valeo from what I hear are crap. Luk have a good reputation.

Advertisement