Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday 2015

Options
  • 23-11-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I thought I might get the ball rolling on the Black Friday deals. Seems to have become a big thing last year. I know Harvey Norman have already started advertising black Friday deals and apparently Brown Thomas are going to have 20% off their Autumn/Winter stock on Friday.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Harvey Norman sales, which are pretty much a weekly occurrence, are generally poor but bear in mind that they will price match within seven days if you happen to find an item cheaper elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 38 La.m

fdevine wrote: »
    Harvey Norman sales, which are pretty much a weekly occurrence, are generally poor but bear in mind that they will price match within seven days if you happen to find an item cheaper elsewhere

I just wish that price match included Amazon. I'm looking to buy a TV but would really prefer to buy from an actual shop just in case anything goes wrong. I might have to get over that though looking at the difference in prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

La.m wrote: »
    I just wish that price match included Amazon. I'm looking to buy a TV but would really prefer to buy from an actual shop just in case anything goes wrong. I might have to get over that though looking at the difference in prices.

Even with the unfavourable euro - sterling rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Try RicherSounds.ie.

Great guys to deal with and they have their own talk to Forum here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

50% off tailored carmats on micksgarage.ie, today only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

joujoujou wrote: »
    50% off tailored carmats on micksgarage.ie, today only.

I bought a car yesterday. This is the first day in my life so far that I have ever needed car mats, potentially I'll never need them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

carphonewarehouse selling a 32" tv for 99euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was it a big thing last year?
    Or just a commercial event

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

snubbleste wrote: »
    Was it a big thing last year?
    Or just a commercial event

It's growing here somewhat. The retailers are seeing the buzz created across the water in the US and using it to grab your money.
    Harvey Norman have been running sales all year - some stuff over priced with "big reductions".
    There are genuine bargains to be had - but that being said - it all depends on what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭TippCashel

Should we expect any iphone6s deals for black friday., From preferabely either Meteor/Eircom or 3.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

TippCashel wrote: »
    Should we expect any iphone6s deals for black friday., From preferabely either Meteor/Eircom or 3.?

Don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Racists!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    carphonewarehouse selling a 32" tv for 99euro.

where do i find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

shakencat wrote: »
    where do i find that?
    carphonewarehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

Both Aldi and Lidl have TV's this week.

Aldi's TV is a 48 inch 4K TV with 3 years warranty €499

Lidl's is a 32 inch Samsung €269

go to the websites

snubbleste wrote: »
    carphonewarehouse

haha i got that, its not showing up online!
    Might be inshore only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

shakencat wrote: »
    haha i got that, its not showing up online!
    Might be inshore only

More online only I think. It is (or was) under Shop and Clearance, as posted in linked thread

i saw thanks, seems to be all gone,

Thank you for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CarolynSmith

Hmm have you seen what happens at these Black Friday sales? Shoppers being trampled, injured, brawling etc just to get a bargain. Not sure its a great idea..

• Advertisement

can't get trampled on from the comfort of my couch and lap top :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

chopsey wrote: »
    Both Aldi and Lidl have TV's this week.

Aldi's TV is a 48 inch 4K TV with 3 years warranty €499

Lidl's is a 32 inch Samsung €269

go to the websites

Aldis is on another thread here and is being slated, suppose to be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭uli84

This hype is stupid, less than a month and everything will be cheaper anyways

On the other hand if you need gifts...

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

a lot of retailers are not doing it this year due to the fights and problems last year Asda have pulled the plug on it as have Dunnes i believe, read this yesterday http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-12/black-friday-s-losing-its-mojo-and-retailers-might-be-relieved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I got a super deal on a Samsung Tab S from pcworld online last year. 100€ off.

I was also in their store and the same deal applied, but the model I wanted was out of stock. Haven't seen any trampling in any Galway shop that day. :P It was actually fairly quiet. I'm sure RTE would shout it from the rooftops if such a thing were to happen here anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Can anyone recommend a laptop for under 500? Its for college and internet only? Black friday or other sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can anyone recommend a laptop for under 500? Its for college and internet only? Black friday or other sale price.

Ask in the PC Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

With the 24 hour Tescos, when will they start with the Black Friday offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Harika wrote: »
    With the 24 hour Tescos, when will they start with the Black Friday offers?

What 24 hour Tescos? Are there any left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

athtrasna wrote: »
    What 24 hour Tescos? Are there any left?
    Wilton in Cork

Advertisement