Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 21st November

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sisyphus Mark II

No Planning might give a good e/w run in Haydock hard race to call 8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Delighted to see Cue Card back to his best!
    I'd have to agree though they should run him in the Ryanair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Wicklow Brave

Vautour needs a left-handed track doesn't he. Should skip Kempton and go for the Lexus. He'll come on a lot for the run though and Ptit Zig is really decent. Race fit, good ground and left-handed, he'll stay the Gold Cup trip (and win) imo , but the King George will dictate where he goes and right-handed and potentially soft ground, I'd fear a defeat/fall there and then the Ryanair will be the race he'll end up in at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Have had 1 pt win on my old mate clockmaker in the 8 15. 12/1 looks fair and capable of winning off this mark.

Vatour should definately skip Kempton. Needs to go left handed I would still have doubts about his stamina for a GC. Love the horse though and hope they go the right route with him for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Agree with Cue Card for the Ryanair, fair play to them for getting him back near his best. Thought he was finished.

Agree with Vautour looking a lot better left handed as well. King George could be a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Not sure why you guys are all saying Cue Card for the Ryanair. He certainly wasn't stopping today over 3 miles on soft ground and it is looking like any previous stamina issues may have been down to the breathing problem which now looks to have been cured.

Vatour could be his only serious rival for the King George assuming D C stays at home (and who knows what is going on with Coneygree) and, given Willie's dodgy record around Christmas time, Cue Card must have every chance at Kempton. Win that and he has to have a crack at the million.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Been given right madam in the last at wolves tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Had a small nibble On Michaela in the last in wolves tonite 10/1 2pt win

I love Cue Card however I don't think any horse will live with Coneygree @ Kempton in likely testing conditions

Coneygree is 4-1 with a run for this race which is MASSIVE, this is with a run, so money back if he does'nt run. Think Bradstock is nuts going for Hennesy instead of King George especially when KG pays more!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Just love cue card, he'll win the king George now and go to the GC, some of the jumping from him and conti down the back straight was magnificent

• Advertisement

Id love noting more than for him to win the Bonus. There is something so likeable about Cue Card. Backed Coneygree for last years GC so love him aswell. In my opinion Coneygree is a bigger tank so will be suited by conditions on Stephens Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭another36

Going to go with starlight banner EW in last

Just watched the Cue Card race again. He won ridiculously easy. Have to say he's a very different beast after that operation. Throughout the race I thought Brennan looked a bit awkward on him. Cue Card also didn't jump amazingly well for first half of race. After looking at that again he looks good value for the KG @ 5-1 sure thats an E/W price. Only thing that puts me off is what happened him there before, stopped dead.

Cue Cards Dam won over three miles interestingly.

Best year Ive seen so far for NH chasing division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Whats the story with, with a run beside coneygree in the betting? Is he injured? He's already had a run this season, pissed in....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Whats the story with, with a run beside coneygree in the betting? Is he injured? He's already had a run this season, pissed in....

He had a little niggle and him running in the Hennessey was cast into doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Coneygree is 4-1 with a run for this race which is MASSIVE, this is with a run, so money back if he does'nt run. Think Bradstock is nuts going for Hennesy instead of King George especially when KG pays more!!!!

They'd be mad to go for the Hennessy with Coneygree. He'll leave the King George behind him if he goes to Newbury next week. Not sure why connections didn't aim to start him off in the Betfair rather than that pointless egg and spoon race at Sandown. He's one of the very few horses with the versatility to win that million pound bonus, having won the Feltham at Kempton and the Cheltenham Gold Cup last season.

Have to agree with you Harry, don't understand why they are going for Hennesy at all. They should of started him in the BF, track might'nt play to his strengths but at least they would of had a shot at the bonus.

I think Coneygree is underrated as he won made all and won GC as a novice like that's out of this world. How he's not the GC fav is beyond me.

In saying that - in hindsight last years Gold Cup isn't that strong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Brennan could be the making of Cue Card, that was awesome, could have been his best performance.

What is the story with Brennan, hardly gets any rides?

Advertisement