Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So... Star Wars Battlefront?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Heroes should have their own game mode [I know they have but they shouldn't be in other modes],they ruin supremecy and walker assault ie the only modes worth talking about.
    More than anything the grenade spam is just a total joke,its at the stage now where players encounter an enemy the first thing they do is chuck an impact grenade for guaranteed kill, its beyond idiotic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Dcully wrote: »
    More than anything the grenade spam is just a total joke,its at the stage now where players encounter an enemy the first thing they do is chuck an impact grenade for guaranteed kill, its beyond idiotic at this stage.

Yeah I've gotten a fair few kills that way. Have my finger on R1 ready to throw one while going round tight areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

.ak wrote: »
    Like, when this was announced people were expecting Star Wars battlefield... So why were people expecting a campaign?

Battlefield has a campaign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

lertsnim wrote: »
    Battlefield has a campaign.

And it is one of the most worthless, inane pieces of nothingness I have ever played through. I genuinely found it depressing that so much effort, programming talent and money went into it. Battlefield 4 would be no worse with its exclusion, TBF.

I truly believe that unless a campaign is very strong there's no extra worth in including it. A mediocre or substandard single player campaign adds nothing to the game (the opposite is true as well with bolted on multiplayer) - if anything, makes it less enticing and raises the possibility valuable resources could have been better allocated elsewhere. Obviously the ideal is superior campaign and multiplayer suites, but few studios have the resources or indeed talent to do both well simultaneously.

I'm glad games like Battlefront and Titanfall have dispensed with the campaign modes TBH, I believe it makes for leaner, more focused and ultimately more enjoyable games. Dissecting the game for season pass purposes is another thing entirely, but generally gaming needs more titles that do their own thing and don't waste developer and player time on other areas just to tick some imaginary checklist of what a AAA game in 2015 should be.

For everybody looking for a single player Star Wars game, Uncharted writer Amy Hennig is working on an SW game somewhere at EA so hopefully that will be its SP thing the same way Battlefront is its own MP thing :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If EA was run by Gamers and not money hungry cnuts, they'd have realised that making Battlefield a multiplayer only experience and the now dead (one could fairly argue 'brutally killed through ineptitude') Medal of Honour franchise as a story driven and highly developed single player experience along the lines of Spec Ops or the likes would have been the best way to maximise revenues, expand IP franchises and keep players happy.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    If EA was run by Gamers and not money hungry cnuts, they'd have realised that making Battlefield a multiplayer only experience and the now dead (one could fairly argue 'brutally killed through ineptitude') Medal of Honour franchise as a story driven and highly developed single player experience along the lines of Spec Ops or the likes would have been the best way to maximise revenues, expand IP franchises and keep players happy.

Actually you might be surprised to find that bar a deep experience like Fallout, the average FPS gamer is only interested in MP and finds that the resources going into SP are wasted and would be better in MP.

What I don't like about this as someone with 900 hours in BF, is the map layout and content.
    All they needed to do was to apply the BF formula of land, sea and air and add the Star Wars twist.
    Conquest focused game with plenty of urban mixed with open space. Just too much open space in this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd agree re: what FPS players want (Quake is what got me into more serious gaming), but I think there is a market there for good and engaging first person stories with heavy gun-play which is subtly different to FPS with a story mode tacked on - the Bioshock games for example come to mind.

I don't know if a re-skin of Battlefield (I've a couple of hundred hours on BF4 myself, I think it was a fantastic game) with Star Wars appropriate weapons and vehicles etc would have worked - this does appear to have been built from the ground up with Star Wars in mind rather than as a re-skin. Certainly people would be very critical of the team if that's all it was .

The other thing with the Star Wars name is you've got the huge number of "corporate caretakers" at various levels of management in Disney and Lucasfilm who have to sign off on everything and any one of them may have found something problematic about the direction DICE might have taken things that they might've said "no way!" to

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

got this the other day, quite enjoyable :)

would anyone be up for some co op missions?? (playing on pc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Il pick this up for Christmas 2017, when its for €30 with all DLC and properly patched. If theres anyone still playing at that point that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

great craic, mostly playing walker assault, think im about level 22. Im enjoying it.

would agree about endor for imperial is very tough. and also agree about heroes ruining the walker assault, way to oop, cant even run away from the bstards!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭eggy81

Got this for 46€ on ps store. It's decent at that price IMO. Fun game. Not as good as destiny but better gameplay than blops 3 IMO.

And it's only 35€ now on psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Please don't buy it either way, people should be protesting against EA's practices.
    And the only way to do that is boycott the game, instead of just giving them your money.

You say ONLY 35 for the game on PSN.....how much for the DLC that you will need ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭eggy81

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Please don't buy it either way, people should be protesting against EA's practices.
    And the only way to do that is boycott the game, instead of just giving them your money.

You say ONLY 35 for the game on PSN.....how much for the DLC that you will need ?

I'm not with you. What do they do with dlc that activision or bungie or all the rest don't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone got some definitive info on the dlc. Got given the game by family and don't know much about it. Just wondering if I'll gain a lot from buying dlc/season pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well when DLC is released, many/most servers will incorporate the new maps etc into their server rotation.
    Over time with the release of more DLC...it will just become more like this.

So those without the DLC will either get kicked for not having the new map, or won't be able to join the servers to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Is there a way to mic chat with team members during multiplayer games on PS4 like halo on Xbox etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This game is tripe and should be ignored.

This game is tripe and should be ignored.

Thanks for the useful info in relation to my question!

Thanks for the useful info in relation to my question!

Also the DLC is overpriced ****e and the player base is bleeding players.

The game is tripe and not worth 110 euros or whatever the season pass costs.

Also the DLC is overpriced ****e and the player base is bleeding players.

The game is tripe and not worth 110 euros or whatever the season pass costs.

Bought game for €20 with free season pass from GameStop!

• Advertisement

Its your money man!

Its your money man!

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I paid about 30 for the full game and season pass. I consider that to be decent value. It's a fun game, let down by the lack of a single player, but overall, it's fun, doubly so if you're a Star Wars fan. It's not the best one out there, sure, but I had fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

chrislad wrote: »
    I paid about 30 for the full game and season pass. I consider that to be decent value. It's a fun game, let down by the lack of a single player, but overall, it's fun, doubly so if you're a Star Wars fan. It's not the best one out there, sure, but I had fun with it.

I think that would be the right prices for it on launch. If they had it done this pricing then, it would be a bargain and people would play it. It now got in to position where people got pissed off at what bad value game is at 110eu and not bothering with it anymore even if price is low now. To make it worse people are not buying it at low price, because player Base is small. They got in to that infamous circle of game death.

Its already in the vault and following on from BF4 and Hardline it's likely the DLC will be free there as well to give it another injection.

I'll go back to it again when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jenearl

I played it on my friend's 3D TV when it first came out, with a fair degree of scepticism... But actually, you know what, flying around in an X-Wing in 3D was a pretty special experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Wasnt a game that could be long lived, but i did quite enjoy it for what it is... a Star Wars game, zipping through the forest on a speeder, flying an x-wing or tie, blowing up Boba Fett's ship in the Falcon :D

was great fun but didnt hold the interest as much after a couple of months it phases out of your 'go to' list of games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Currently £7.99 on PS Store

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If anyone is still playing or held off purchasing the DLC, the Season Pass is free on Xbox One and PS4: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-12-star-wars-battlefront-season-pass-is-currently-free-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

🤪

• Advertisement

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ Ultimate Edition 4:99 on PSN... Sure do hope i can still get a game.

Advertisement