Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone have a vine of the finish of this race ??

Don't do it to yourself man. :(

Not sure how he lost that race.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Last???

BF disparity plus not strong in ring never lies

that's how I see it also, rarely a good sign

thanks for posting francie, I'd rather have the info anyway and when these win its a nice surprise and if not then it's just a tenner down the drain for me
    how this runs next time out will be very interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

live pictures from outside Francie's house ;)

tumblr_inline_n6p8vhQX0R1sbrjwg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

live pictures from outside Francie's house ;)

tumblr_inline_n6p8vhQX0R1sbrjwg.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Unfortunately many of the "serious gambles" posted here end up drifting and running like they were never trying a yard. I'm not criticising, we are all able to ignore if we wish, just interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads don't know what planet your on. The amount of time I've seen gambles like that you can spot them a mile away. Any trainer that was really trying to win race like that wouldn't finish like that. It's called a bookies gamble. Someone knew who was laying on BF. Have to say whenever you get info that's supposedly inside info it's always duff stuff.
    It was not a bookies gamble. I know one of the people in the syndicate who is leasing the horse. He personally had a four figure sum on the horse (he split his stake several ways and had me put 500 on it alone so I know the punt was genuine).

I don't understand the mentality with some people here. I think we are all old enough (I wont say sensible!) to decide whether or not to back a tip.

I've won a few quid here thanks to tips not only from Francie but others here too. I've also lost money. Its my money and I understand the risks. The questioning of tips shouldn't be a factor win or loose.

What's that Francie? Stick my hand in the fire you say....? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Iv followed plenty of "tips" on here from francie and co.
    A tip is a tip. Take it or leave it.
    I personally take the tips from 3 or 4 lads here seriously as they have proven quite a few times that they are coming with good info and not from a lad that said he got a tip at work.
    I can't pick me nose these days so appreciate any info with a bit of weight behind it. Francie is a trustworthy punter and I owe him a few pints for his tips and picks over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

Lads, there's a serious gamble going on a horse tomorrow. I was handed one of many envelopes this evening and sent to a bookie to get on. Huge sums going onto this one. Will reveal the bet first thing tomorrow morning if anyone's interested.

Ok
    ive been involved in horse racing as an owner

The absolute worst tipsters you can listen to are owners ,part owners , friends of owners and leaseholders
    when u sign the forms for hri and the turf club they actually post you a pair of rose tinted glasses .........free

you are automactically a so called big man

giving envelopes to your friends to get on for a 4 figure sum just makes you a knob
    thats a fact .........
    Rails bookies will take a few grand ,even in dundalk so no need to spead the bets around

Brt ur man feels thick after after losing upwards of 2.5 grand on a leaseheld horse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

It was not a bookies gamble. I know one of the people in the syndicate who is leasing the horse. He personally had a four figure sum on the horse (he split his stake several ways and had me put 500 on it alone so I know the punt was genuine).
    As an aside,did you put the 500 on in one lump as I went in to Boyles the other morning and wanted to put 100 ew on a horse at 16s,so I put 50 ew on and went in about an hour later with the other 50ew and she grabbed the phone stright away and spent an age in the back office!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement