Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Shoes

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

I did that. I'd a pair I loved that I wore to weddings. I could easily last the night in them and they were comfy. There about 8 years old, worn on my wedding day four years ago and to every wedding I've been too in the last eight years. I go to about four weddings a year and they've been recovered or dyed numerous times for a tenner each time.

Where could you get this done? I would love to revamp some shoes even if not for the wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hermia

I am a bit lost when it comes to my wedding shoes, maybe some of you could give me your thoughts;
    I am a size 10 (ugh I know) so usually I wear runners/cons on a daily basis. I am planning on wearing flats for my wedding day because I want to be comfy and I am having a full length dress so chances are the shoes wont be seen all that much. The dress will be ivory so my thoughts so far have been a) somehow track down ivory flats in my size b) wear white/ivory runner like shoes with ribbons for laces or c) wear very obvious statement shoes in a design such as batman comic fabric or green (to match the bridesmaids' dresses). Btw, very envious of all your choices so far haha :P

I'm wearing converse! You can customise to whatever specs ya want!

www.converse.com/uk/en/dyo/design-your-own-chuck-taylor/152621C13.html

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Where could you get this done? I would love to revamp some shoes even if not for the wedding!

Any decent cobbler/shoe shop can do it. Just make sure they've done it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Thatgeekgirl I have seen size 10 wedding shoes on debenhams online. Pink by paradox do them I think.
    Good sale on bridal shoes at the moment.
    fits wrote: »
    What about TOMS? some of their styles are quite nice
    Hermia wrote: »
    I'm wearing converse! You can customise to whatever specs ya want!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭missmaw

Just purchased Irregular Choice Abigail's third party in Cream. A bit mad looking but I am in love with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Guybrush Threepwood

I'm the same height of my fiancé without shoes, and over a foot taller than most of my bridesmaids so I'm not wearing heels for fear of towering over everyone!

I'm buying a pair of white converse and decorating them myself (replacing the laces with ribbon and sticking on sparkles etc)

When my bridesmaids heard they all decided they wanted converse too, then so did the lads, so we're all opting for them!! :)

Can't wait to dance all night in comfy shoes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I had originally bought gold glitter Dune heels but grew to dislike them so saved up for a few weeks and bought myself Louboutins last week, they are Pigalles in nude 100mm. I am in LOVE with them :)

My bridesmaids are wearing a nude colour so they will look perfect and I will get so much wearing out of them afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

michellie wrote: »
    My bridesmaids are wearing a nude colour so they will look perfect and I will get so much wearing out of them afterwards.

These are gorgeous!! Think I might do something similar! Want to have a fancy pair and get use out of them after!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    These are gorgeous!! Think I might do something similar! Want to have a fancy pair and get use out of them after!

Thanks, I am thrilled with them. Can't stop looking at them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

michellie wrote: »
    Thanks, I am thrilled with them. Can't stop looking at them!!

They are beautiful ðŸ˜

They are beautiful ðŸ˜

Thanks here's another pic, they were delivered when I was in work, I could bearly breath with the excitement. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

I bought my shoes before I bought my wedding dress! I've worn them a good bit since and I love them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had these shoes in red suede for my wedding. They are so comfortable. I would buy another pair in navy if they made them.

Amazeballs.

http://chiestore.com/nana_white_2213.3php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭jellybear

missmaw wrote: »
    Just purchased Irregular Choice Abigail's third party in Cream. A bit mad looking but I am in love with them

I absolutely love these shoes!! They're definitely on my list of wedding shoes to try on :)

jellybear wrote: »
    I absolutely love these shoes!! They're definitely on my list of wedding shoes to try on :)
    They are arriving in the post tomorrow. Can't wait. Showed a pic to my friends and got a few "oh they are very different" :pac: My mam loves them which I was very surprised with but she's always brutally honest so I think they'll be okay. Have you any others in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

These are my Kurt Geiger shoes :-) Pic doesn't even do them justice they are fab!

Also I got them in Tkmaxx for 40.00 euro!! Absolutely thrilled after seeing what the website has them for!

http://www.kurtgeiger.ie/bridal-wedding/bridal-shoes/ivy-2-nude-suedette-39-miss-kg-shoe.html

missmaw wrote: »
    They are arriving in the post tomorrow. Can't wait. Showed a pic to my friends and got a few "oh they are very different" :pac: My mam loves them which I was very surprised with but she's always brutally honest so I think they'll be okay. Have you any others in mind?

Awh they're just fab!! Well I haven't actually looked too much, not at all really!! Saw yours in Schuh even before I got engaged and loved them! Found these online this evening actually and love how quirky they are!

http://m.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_61068+LF516A_-1

Unfortunately I've to be very picky with shoes as I have arthritis in my feet so high heels are a big no no! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Awh they're just fab!! Well I haven't actually looked too much, not at all really!! Saw yours in Schuh even before I got engaged and loved them! Found these online this evening actually and love how quirky they are!

http://m.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_61068+LF516A_-1

Unfortunately I've to be very picky with shoes as I have arthritis in my feet so high heels are a big no no! :)

They are very like ruby shoo which are so comfy

Those are gorgeous. The colour is just lovely. Ruby shoo do fabulous shoes as well and as far as I remember they are low heeled. I was worried low heeled shoes would be old fashioned styles but have seen loads of gorgeous ones

• Advertisement

Thank girls! Think I may just have to look up Ruby Shoo so!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ordered mine :D They're little bunny rabbits

383392.jpg

Advertisement