Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Linux Mint 17.2

Options
  • 18-11-2015 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi not sure if this is the correct area for this post or not, hopefully it is.

I'm brand new to Linux Mint I just made the switch yesterday. Using Mint 17.2

The standard keyboard shortcuts work fine, however when I add a custom shortcut everything seems fine the shortcut works perfectly within the terminal. The problem I seem to have is the keyboard bindings. every time I try to launch the command with the assigned keyboard binding, I get this error message in the top right hand corner "Execution of firefox failed, failed to execute child process (no such file or directory). I'm sure I'm missing something very simple and easy but I can't find a solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Seán MacSuibhne

aidan364 wrote: »
    "Execution of firefox failed, failed to execute child process (no such file or directory). I'm sure I'm missing something very simple and easy but I can't find a solution.

When you set up the shortcut for firefox, what did you put in for the location of firefox? was it

firefox

or something like
    /usr/bin/firefox

Welcome to the dark side!

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

You'd get better help in Unix forms .

Advertisement