Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Wind Warning for country 18th Nov

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Very very windy here in West Clare, absolutely lashing too very very heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Very very windy here in West Clare, absolutely lashing too very very heavy rain.

Same here in Cork City now,very wet and windy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

corsav6 wrote: »
    Your username is northgirl, hard to get Cork from that when on mobile.

Anyway back to the light breeze, which is all it is here in Newport Mayo.

It is. hardly to blame for your being on a mobile..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1700, Malin head gusting 53 knots, Kinsale 51 knots, Knock airport 46 knots....blustery evening right across the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

northgirl wrote: »
    It is. hardly to blame for your being on a mobile..

Its very simple to state where you are located in your post, don't assume everyone is on desktop. It would also help us mobile users out instead of switching to desktop site just to see a location.
    Anyway its not a big deal so let's not make a big deal out of it, we're just here to report weather conditions in the hope it will help other users out when planning to travel.

Weather in and around Newport was unusual today, some strong gusts and plenty of rain and hail in the afternoon. Lots of sunny spells mixed in just for fun. I'm sure this is just a taste of what the winter has in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

We had torrential rain in Athlone this morning, then calm for most of the day. The wind has really picked up now, gusting very strong out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Today it was lashing rain. According to the Met it was a Yellow alert but I believe it merited a higher status of Orange. The conditions were atrocious. Anyone else feel the same. The winds and rains bucketed down. Falling branches and posts snapping. Storm Barney has certainly caused a lot of destruction despite being rated near the lowest level of weather warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Hope this helps,however todays system was a totally different one to "Barney" yesterday-Weather Element Criteria for Yellow – Weather Alerts

1. Wind Mean Speeds between 50 and 65 km/h
    Gusts between 90 and 110 km/h

2. Rain 30mm – 50mm in 24 hrs
    25mm – 40mm in 12 hrs
    20mm – 30mm in 6 hrs

3. Snow/Ice Scattered snow showers giving accumulations of less than 3 cm below 250m AMSL. Slippery paths and roads due to accumulation of ice on untreated surfaces; situation improving.

4. Low Temperatures Minima of minus 3C or minus 4C expected. Maxima of plus 1C or plus 2C expected.

5. Fog No Criterion.

6. High Temperature Maxima in excess of 27C expected

7. Thunderstorms No Criterion.

8. Coastal Wind Warnings Gale Force 8 or Strong Gale Force 9. (Mean Speeds)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

We've had very little calm here in sandyford today. Wind has been pretty much non-stop howling. Still waiting for my boiler to be replaced so we're bloody freezing. Can't wait for snow and cold outside but I can't wait to feel warm inside my own house - 4 days makes the skin of the house cold which means It's warmer outside than in!!

Sorry - moaning.

Anyway weather, as far as wind and rain is concerned has been constant here since Saturday last. We need some calm, clear (even COLD) weather that doesn't sound like the roof is going to come off while needing the lights on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

The storms we have now in Ireland are very lax to be honest even in the north-west compared to 25th-26th July 1985. The amazing lightning and thunder-storms of 85 have not been beaten yet, and that was an amazing lightning storm as I remember it in Co. Dublin. We need some lightning and heavy thunder in the next storm to satisfy my needs of the beauty of nature, light the sky up to a beautiful spectacular event.

http://www.irelandsweather.com/forum/index.php?topic=1146.0

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

No storm today here...there was one for about 3 hours yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Honestly, I thought today did't merit a warning at all...maybe its because of yesterdays wild day but today seemed grand!
    Grand in a sense that we're on the home run into winter.

Advertisement