Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It wouldn't be Christmas without....

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

The Late Late Toy Show....even if I am nearly 30! It's the tradition of it.

Also the first few bars of the Coca Cola ad and the first bong of the Guinness ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

A few others I forgot;

The Snowman....we try to watch it together as a family every year. I always get excited when I hear Walking in the Air.

The smell of my Mother's christmas pudding ( a recipe handed down from my grandmother and greatgrandmother) and the first glass of my Father's Mulled Wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Chocolate Advent calendar.

It's just great for getting children out of bed in the morning for school, you swear they were deprived of chocolate all year long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

The swim on Xmas Day in Salthill.
    The atmosphere is absolutely amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

The row at Dinner...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

The fridge rammed full of food and trying to squeeze the trifle in and praying it sets properly. The smell of the sage stuffing and the streaming eyes from the onions. roses for breakfast and chrstmas eve mass. The open fire and doing santa wrapping with my sister and a glass of wine. And lastly the yearly tug of war about where we spend Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

- That first pint on irish soil when I land off the plane
    - Pints in the local on xmas eve and meeting all your mates from school etc
    - Arguing with the sisters who insist we watch Downton Abbey every bloody year!
    - Being quite disappointed with the presents I get every year
    - Asking what have they done to the roses every year
    - Sport - racing, football, NFL, singing along to "chase the sun" while watching the darts!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

screamer wrote: »
    The fridge rammed full of food and trying to squeeze the trifle in and praying it sets properly. The smell of the sage stuffing and the streaming eyes from the onions.

Oh my god, the smell of the stuffing, it's amazing!! So Christmassy great call!
    - Sport - racing, football, NFL, singing along to "chase the sun" while watching the darts!

Oh hell yesh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The folks nodding off on the couch around 8pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Someone getting killed off on Corrie and/or Eastenders. I don't watch those soaps anymore but I'm usually in one of our parents house's for Christmas and they would watch it so it's my yearly catch up! But then I tend to annoy my mum or mum in law by asking: who's he/she, where's [person who left the show six months ago], are so and so broken up, since when did they start seeing each other etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Brussel Sprouts !!

And I actually like them, think I'm the only one in my family that does ....
    and this ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Someone getting killed off on Corrie and/or Eastenders. I don't watch those soaps anymore but I'm usually in one of our parents house's for Christmas and they would watch it so it's my yearly catch up! But then I tend to annoy my mum or mum in law by asking: who's he/she, where's [person who left the show six months ago], are so and so broken up, since when did they start seeing each other etc etc...

hehe, only time I watch it aswell ... but always love the Eastenders christmas fights !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Saturday post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

Our Christmas Movie- Tim Burtons wonderfully animated "Nightmare before Christmas"
    Songs- not the usual drivel- particularly 'Frosty The Snowman" after taking a few retail jobs in christmas pasts.
    I prefer The Ramones -Happy Christmas I Don't Wanna Fight Tonight' or Shane McGowns beautiful 'Christmas Lullaby" Have a Punk Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Quality Street.
    I know lots of people slag 'em off, saying the chocolate's terrible and the centres are horrible, but I grew up in a house where Quality Street were purchased every Christmas and they were opened on Christmas Eve.
    I've always loved them and they're just traditional for me.

Pringles are another Christmas must-have in our house.
    Yes, we buy them during the year, but buying two or three tubes in the Christmas shop, along with some peanuts, is another things we have to have.

Oh and lots of wine!

Advertisement