Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone take a male duck & give a female (or two) in return?

Options
  • 17-11-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

We got 5 young ducks (Khaki Cambell) a month ago, or so. Was hoping that all 5 were female, as we just want them for eggs. Turns out that 2 are drakes. I dont want the 3 girls over worked, so was hoping that someone out there might take 1 of the drakes and give (sell?) 2 females? We dont want the drake killed :-(

thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We got 5 young ducks (Khaki Cambell) a month ago, or so. Was hoping that all 5 were female, as we just want them for eggs. Turns out that 2 are drakes. I dont want the 3 girls over worked, so was hoping that someone out there might take 1 of the drakes and give (sell?) 2 females? We dont want the drake killed :-(

thanks for reading!
    No offense OP but you should not be breeding stock unless you are prepared to deal with the responsibility.
    Off loading unwanted males is not proper stockmanship nor is keeping a male that will interbreed with its siblings.
    There are several informative step by step videos on youtube on how to dispatch unwanted poultry. Alternatively you could contact your local ICA (Irish Country Women's Association) or a local poultry breeder, who can show and teach you on the proper method for dispatching poultry.

** Just re read your post and realise that you didn't breed the ducklings. However, I recommend that you get some experience of dispatching poultry if you wish to continue to keep them.

Advertisement