Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Economics
    2002 S.q. (1)
    2014 S.q. (2)

Last 3/4 days went to christmas test learning.
    Did some maths e.q on calculus,differentiation,integration,function. All for test.

Economics
    2013 S.q. (2)
    2012 S.q. (2)

Maths
    Finished Homework for Christmas.
    Learnt 5 Proofs.

Made Bio notes on Human Defence.

Was a rest day today. Just to get the work out of the way and prepare study for Christmas.

Business
    Eu Study

Economics
    2011 (2) S.Q.

Maths
    Trignometric Proofs All Studied.

Today was my off day for the whole of holidays( I had 3 planned but I still had some tasks wrote up to do during the off days which I have failed. Now I cannot afford to have any more)3
    .....hopefully....

People prob reading my log saying "This guy going nowhere, what a hypocrite in contrast to his thread title"
    I feel the same way. After my mid term break I lost my drive. Why I was working hard? What motivated me everyday?...
    I tell this to my self since the Christmas holidays began... These holidays are ur last chance to redeem yourself. So go out there and show them what your capable of.
    I swear if I dont wake up early tomorrow and achieve my goals I will give up on in this log.

Btw Merry Christmas to all !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do not be so hard on yourself. Taking a couple of days off over the break will re-energise you. You are covering plenty of material.

Thanks spurious, really appreciated it.

So, were back on the grind !!

Economics
    2009 S.q. (2) R
    2008 S.q. (2) R

Maths
    Did revision on Complex No.s, Functions,Differentiation,Integration,Calculus. From 2015-+2014 P1

Also, done out 1/2 a test to see how I am doing.

Business
    Unit 3: Chapter 7 Communication Studied

Economics
    2007+2006 (2) R

“What you seek is seeking you.”

Business
    Unit 3: Chapter 8 Management Act. Studied

Bio
    Human Defense System Studied.

Yesterday

Biology Enzymes Studied

• Advertisement

Biology
    Respiration Studied
    Movement Through Cell Membrane(Diffusion/Osmosis) Studied

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PsychoSue

Listen if you are overly critical and too hard on yourself it could push you to break and if that happens you're no good to anyone.
    The LC is important but it's NOT the be all and end all. Yes it's imperative that you do your best but at a risk to your health and sanity hell no. Take breaks, give yourself some time off. Allocate it into your study timetable you NEED it.
    You are doing 100% more then A LOT of students out there (believe me, I know from experience, don't let my veeeeeery old user name fool you!!)
    You have to have a balance between studying and living and getting out and also relaxing.
    I'm NOT saying start slacking but just to go easy on yourself and be proud of yourself for the work/effort you've put in so far and don't be afraid to chill a lil once in a while. A calm demeanour will really help you get through the exams.
    Best of luck in the mocks and exams.

PsychoSue wrote: »
    Listen if you are overly critical and too hard on yourself it could push you to break and if that happens you're no good to anyone.
    The LC is important but it's NOT the be all and end all. Yes it's imperative that you do your best but at a risk to your health and sanity hell no. Take breaks, give yourself some time off. Allocate it into your study timetable you NEED it.
    You are doing 100% more then A LOT of students out there (believe me, I know from experience, don't let my veeeeeery old user name fool you!!)
    You have to have a balance between studying and living and getting out and also relaxing.
    I'm NOT saying start slacking but just to go easy on yourself and be proud of yourself for the work/effort you've put in so far and don't be afraid to chill a lil once in a while. A calm demeanour will really help you get through the exams.
    Best of luck in the mocks and exams.

Thank you. My gratitude cannot match up to the advice you have given.

I would just like to add a side note(rant..sorry) to others aswell who might be interested in having a look around my log.
    I take breaks now and again, Most of my routine in the Christmas has been like this:
    Get up at 12. Eat breakfast. Watch a bit of tv. Start study at 2. Till around 5. Take an hour break. Then study till 8. Take 3 hour break and go back study( and this is where it gets freaky)... study till 3.30am.
    It may look a lot. But what I get in that timeframe, another person would get in 4/5 hours. My approach and the way I study is, yes irritating, but I really have no choice. I just gotten to adopt it. For example: Respiration study: Study it. And then go back study it again for 2nd time. This is my way to all my study to make sure it sticks to me. Hence the reason why It takes long.

Another thing I got to tackle, which psychosue pointed out, my health. My sleeping scheduled is ##### up. I really need to sleep on time, and wake up early, it be more productive, allowing more time to relax in the afternoon.

I am not trying to build up on excuses. Some, sitting the lc, have it worse, what I am trying to do is EXPLAIN my progress and how I tackle one subject or max 2 per day.

But nevertheless what psychosue said was 100% correct. There is life after the lc.... life goes on. So I should not be complaining "what would happen if this" "how will i do that"
    Afterall its a marathon....not a race. We take steps slowly and steadily. If obstacles come around, rather then pointing fingers, we try to overcome them.

I really should stop now.

Biology Photosynthesis Studied

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Consonata

You are putting in an astonishing amount of work into the Leaving Cert, I really hope you get what you want in the end.

Economics
    2005,2004,2003,2002 (2) R S.Q.

Chemistry Fuels and Thermochem Studied

Consonata wrote: »
    You are putting in an astonishing amount of work into the Leaving Cert, I really hope you get what you want in the end.

Thank you.
    Lol, trust me don' t judge a book by its cover. It may look a lot but in reality I got tons to do. Thats only first time study. I gotta now revise all the course aswell. If I get a pre right now even after studying everything(which I still have not done) I guarantee you, not saying any bs I will not walk out with an A, might scrape a B3 if lucky. Untill I revised, then we can talk about high grades terms of progress, but at this moment I am the same, position, if not a bit behind compared to most.
    So I really need to pull up my socks, and finish 3 more chapters of each subject as I wont get the course done, and want to start revision for my pres in exactly months time.

I really hope this year bring the best out of you, and all the other leaving cert students. Step by step, we will all eventually achieve our goals.

Happy New Year!!

Yesterday

Chemistry
    Organic Chem 2014-2010

Today
    Chemistry
    Organic Chem 2011-2008

Chem
    Organic Chem 2007-2002 Studied
    Organic Chem Studied All

Took me 4 days to study organic chem. At one point I got a headache. Most of the course for me wasnt that as difficult until I came across this s**te.
    And I still do not have a full grasp of it yet.

"The bad news is time flies, the good news is your the pilot"

Today I did mostly work on my cao application and prepapred for school.
    After I got that done, I looked over all organic, thank God, I finally get it.

• Advertisement

Business
    Revision Eu and Intl Trade 2013,11,10,06 Qs 3. For test.

English
    2006 Paper 1

Some more cao work.

Business
    2009 S.q. Study

Chemistry
    Section A Organic Chem Qs.

Business
    2010 S.q Study

Also finished off maths hw/e.q. questions for the weekend.

Pres in 4 weeks. Lets see where we stand in 3 weeks....

Ag
    Started on Animal Pyhsiology

Wanted to finish up typing my experiments until the damn computer broke on me, just got it fixed now!!!

Today was a ****e day.... events after events, after my computer didn't work I was told I had to go to some function, which I really could not say no to. Which basically, meant today I did nothing.

Lets see what tomorrow brings us.

Ag
    Finished off typing the experiments.

I really didn't do much in the weekend, apart from homework and Ag project, I got no study done, but I looked at the bright side, atleast I am 95% finished my ag project :)
    But in the other hand... pres in 3 weeks :(

Maths
    Various P1 Qs. From 2015-2012

Yesterday
    Remainder P1 Qs. From 2015-2012

Today

Business
    2011 S.q Study

Bio
    Unit 3: Viruses, Fungi and Bacteria Studied.

Today was a good day to say the least. Lets hope for more !

Chem
    Revised Qs 1 2010 - Water

Bio
    2014,2013 Qs. 7,8,9 S

Business
    2012 S.q S

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lpoolfan123

LC HISTORY ADVICE: AM I ABLE TO USE THE SAME RESEARCH PROJECT AS SOMEONE IN MY CLASS AS LONG AS I DO IT COMPLETELY INDEPENDENTLY OF HIM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

I see that you do Economics outside of school and i was thinking of taking it up. Is it hard to learn on your own? Im in 5th year.

Advertisement