Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Trainer, Looking for feedback

Options
  • 16-11-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

I know this is a 'how long is a piece of string' questions.

I train GAA / Run / Cycle and do a bit of gym work and spinning.

Will be in the gym over the winter months as the GAA season has finished now and want to keep a level of fitness and maybe build more muscle too. The weight lifting area is still a bit of an intimidating spot for me. I do a few strength and conditioning classes in the gym and have my own routine worked out which usually involves, lifting (overhead, squats, rows) a 20kg weighted barbell and 24'' box jumps and kettle bell work mixed in with maybe a bit of work on the prowler until my heart feels like its going to explode.

I hear people saying 'oh i didnt know what i was doing until i got a personal trainer' or 'it was the best decision i made'.

I would like to get a bit more confidence in the free weights area or a programme but how long with a PT will i need? 20e for a half hour and 30e for an hour, do i need the full hour? Do i just have a few sessions and then go about working on my own?

Any comments / suggestions / musings are welcome at this juncture!!!

Advertisement