Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Weights - wrist pain

Options
  • 14-11-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I have been going to the gym between 3 and 4 times a week for the last year mainly lifting weights with cardio throwing in some days. The main problem i find is wrist pain, now i wouldn't have biggest or strongest wrist but i could get a small pain from doing curls with free weights in my right wrist. It's slowed my progress down a little as i can't increase the weight using free weights for curls or using the preacher bar. I have taken a break for a week a couple of times and its fine. I am not lifting anything anything that is to heaving either, i am concentrating more on form.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend wrist straps or something similar that will help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

See a physio about the pain for a proper diagnosis. Could be anything from a trapped nerve to damaged tissue or anything in between. Or it could be nothing and it will pass.

Advertisement