Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you change gyms often?

Options
  • 13-11-2015 9:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

do you change gyms often? I am with the same gym now with two years (its the only gym I have membership for). another gym has a special offer going at the moment and contemplating moving just for a change although it doesn't have as much equipment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

No. I'm a member of a good gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I think anything which stimulates you and stops you getting into a rut is good so long as it's a positive change.
    I've changed gyms lots of times (generally because they go bust) but I've always found my lifts tend to get a bit of a positive bump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I think anything which stimulates you and stops you getting into a rut is good so long as it's a positive change.
    I've changed gyms lots of times (generally because they go bust) but I've always found my lifts tend to get a bit of a positive bump

... Jonah...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    ... Jonah...

Ya know that that has occurred to me many times! I've had 4 gyms close on me in less than 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Nope, I've noticed many people do change a lot. Seems to be a huge 'ooooh shiny' mindset generally out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

In 3 years I've been a member of 6 gyms. Ugh! Mainly due to bouncing between countries and finding more suitable opening times to suit a crappy work schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ya know that that has occurred to me many times! I've had 4 gyms close on me in less than 10 years

I've had 2, total fitness in sandyford , then the Raven in Bray.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well still in my first gym as I'm just going a year, so no. I just go to whatever is closest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

been a member of 4 gyms and used a pay as you go gym in the past two years. Not because I wanted to I just had a busy time moving 3 times for internships and college.

I've only changed gym when I've had to because I moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I was in the same gym for about 7 years, but it closed last year. Joined a new one then and have been there since, just over a year now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement