Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Asus Memopad won't boot up

Options
  • 13-11-2015 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I bought an Asus Memo Pad 8 inch on Sunday. It has been working fine until Iput it on to charge last night and this morning it won't boot. I tried going into recovery mode and got an android robot with No Command written.

I then pressed volume up and down and got into another menu where I think I selected reboot. Now, I can't even get into the reboot menu!

Any ideas? I did not download any updates or any changes to the operating system!

Any help or advice would be appreciated before I take it back to Argos.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

First menu you were in was the bootloader. Second was recovery I think. Try following this video, if that fails, you'll probably want to ring Asus support before going into argos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVPEnwhTS28

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Can't get into the bootloader menu at all now!

Any ideas on why this is happening?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you plug it in, do you get a charging display? Use the charger it came with if possible.

Yes, battery symbol show up but no moving graphic if you know what I mean, just black and white

Update - I have managed to clear cache and wipe data, but tablet still will not reboot. It just loops back to the android robot "no command" screen.

Could this be caused by a virus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Shane98e

Press the power button on the " no command screen" and it should bring up a menu, you want to exit back out of this menu to the bootloader and then select reboot device

Advertisement