Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Kerosene Oil Tank Leak Repair

• 12-11-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4 n4t3yboy

Not really sure how to proceed here but I have a slight leak coming out of the fuel line that attaches to metal fuel thingy (God knows what it's called). I have enclosed a picture for reference. I've tried pushing the fuel line upwards to make it connect better but to no avail. Just wondering if there is a quick method of sealing it/stopping the leak without having to call the landlord? The leak itself is very minimal and stops when I close the tap off to the fuel line, thank God but it is still very annoying!

Here is the picture: https: //plus.google. com/116773656440762197107/posts/2XX8fSoycfQ?pid=6216335958103734386&oid=116773656440762197107 (remove spaces in link)

If anyone could help I'd be very appreciative! Thanks! =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ moonshadow

You need to get it sorted immediately , contact your landlord explain the case , if it persists the contamination is enough to undermine foundations of a dwelling and anything in its vicinity....huge huge bills to rectify.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭ bonzodog2

If the leak stops when you close the tap,its not a tank leak. Couldn't see your picture. Sounds like a pipe nut onto the tap needs tightening.

edit:But it is your landlord's responsibility, and you should tell him; he has a right to know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 n4t3yboy

apologies, it seems my google plus is set to private. Go here http:// tinypic.com/r/2ls8thc/9

(remove the space in the link to view. Because I'm a new user it wont let me post links to pics so i have to add a space to it...annoying)

It doesnt leak from the nut itself, more the edges of the pipe that connects to the metal fuel bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 red sean

Heres your pic

2ls8thc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 n4t3yboy

thanks for linking the pic, man! =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭ jimf

the joint needs to be remade and that filter looks like it may leaking as well

maybe im wrong but it looks like silicone around the filter bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 Billy Bunting

Is it oil ???

Quite often you can have water seep back down the sleave of an oil pipe.

Advertisement