Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerosene Oil Tank Leak Repair

• 12-11-2015 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Not really sure how to proceed here but I have a slight leak coming out of the fuel line that attaches to metal fuel thingy (God knows what it's called). I have enclosed a picture for reference. I've tried pushing the fuel line upwards to make it connect better but to no avail. Just wondering if there is a quick method of sealing it/stopping the leak without having to call the landlord? The leak itself is very minimal and stops when I close the tap off to the fuel line, thank God but it is still very annoying!

Here is the picture: https: //plus.google. com/116773656440762197107/posts/2XX8fSoycfQ?pid=6216335958103734386&oid=116773656440762197107 (remove spaces in link)

If anyone could help I'd be very appreciative! Thanks! =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

You need to get it sorted immediately , contact your landlord explain the case , if it persists the contamination is enough to undermine foundations of a dwelling and anything in its vicinity....huge huge bills to rectify.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If the leak stops when you close the tap,its not a tank leak. Couldn't see your picture. Sounds like a pipe nut onto the tap needs tightening.

edit:But it is your landlord's responsibility, and you should tell him; he has a right to know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 n4t3yboy

apologies, it seems my google plus is set to private. Go here http:// tinypic.com/r/2ls8thc/9

(remove the space in the link to view. Because I'm a new user it wont let me post links to pics so i have to add a space to it...annoying)

It doesnt leak from the nut itself, more the edges of the pipe that connects to the metal fuel bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Heres your pic

2ls8thc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 n4t3yboy

thanks for linking the pic, man! =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭jimf

the joint needs to be remade and that filter looks like it may leaking as well

maybe im wrong but it looks like silicone around the filter bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Is it oil ???

Quite often you can have water seep back down the sleave of an oil pipe.

Advertisement