Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impact Whey Protein

Options
  • 10-11-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

I've just started boxing training at my university, and am using Kinetica Whey after training at the moment. However looking on myprotein.com I've found the Impact Whey brand to be cheaper and still seems to have good reviews.

The Impact Whey Isolate product currently is 10 euro off, so I was wondering if that's worth getting over the normal Impact Whey.

Thanks for any feedback, I've only just started with protein so I don't really know much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The_Mac wrote: »
    I've just started boxing training at my university, and am using Kinetica Whey after training at the moment. However looking on myprotein.com I've found the Impact Whey brand to be cheaper and still seems to have good reviews.

The Impact Whey Isolate product currently is 10 euro off, so I was wondering if that's worth getting over the normal Impact Whey.

Thanks for any feedback, I've only just started with protein so I don't really know much!

You're just looking to supplement what you get from food so the impact whey would be perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

You're just looking to supplement what you get from food so the impact whey would be perfectly fine.

Thanks for the reply! What would be the difference between that and isolate, though?

Thanks for the reply! What would be the difference between that and isolate, though?

In a very basic explanation, removing the lactose from whey protein gives you the isolate.

Unless you're lactose intolerant, and you just want to supplement the protein in your diet, then the impact whey is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

In a very basic explanation, removing the lactose from whey protein gives you the isolate.

Unless you're lactose intolerant, and you just want to supplement the protein in your diet, then the impact whey is fine.

Ah, I see. Thanks for your help.

Ah, I see. Thanks for your help.

If you multiply your weight in pounds by 0.83, that will give you the number of grams of protein you should be getting.

You can use MyFitnessPal to put in what you eat in a day and see how much protein you get from food as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

IM using Kinetica myself and have to say its the best protein ive tried.

I used Myprotein and ON and some of their proteins left me bloated and windy (shall we say).

Cant fault kinetica for taste and performance.

Advertisement