Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical price of marshy land?

Options
  • 10-11-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm looking at buying a piece of land. Its currently priced at 75 k for 12 acres. The land hasn't been farmed in years and needs extensive drainage. Do you think in the current climate that its worth the 6.250 euro per acre? The last couple of years I've seen good farm land around my area for sale for 10k+ an acre so this seems relatively cheap in comparison but like I said needs extensive draining and a lot of work as its quite waterlogged with some very marshy areas. Do you think the price reflects the true value of the land?

Thanks,

soillover

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

soillover wrote: »
    I'm looking at buying a piece of land. Its currently priced at 75 k for 12 acres. The land hasn't been farmed in years and needs extensive drainage. Do you think in the current climate that its worth the 6.250 euro per acre? The last couple of years I've seen good farm land around my area for sale for 10k+ an acre so this seems relatively cheap in comparison but like I said needs extensive draining and a lot of work as its quite waterlogged with some very marshy areas. Do you think the price reflects the true value of the land?

Thanks,

soillover

I think it all depends the area. What part of the country are you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 soillover

I think it all depends the area. What part of the country are you in ?

I'm based in the south east, which tends to be pricey for farm land. Cows all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Imo marshy land is worth not much more then forestry land .I would value that 12 acres at 36k in and around but if there is site in it might be worth 10k more .In fact i would advise you to in stead to buy a few acres of good land even if you had to pay 12-14k.

Advertisement