Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educogym experiences

Options
  • 09-11-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all- new to healthy living and all this active lifestyle.

2 months with an Educogym- find the experience great- the initial high 'fat' diet led to me loosing 1 stone weight. Now in 2nd month and on fruit and fat maintenance plan, not lost anything so far!

Wondering if anyone else has any good/ bad experiences/ tips

Doing the '20 minute' gym session x 4 days a week and enjoy having personal trainer to encourage/ guide me.

Also any recommendations for the supplements and an alternative- went to Holland and Barrett and they were reluctant to recommend anything- I am on some liver oil caps, amino acids and creatine.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

plee wrote: »
    2 months with an Educogym- find the experience great- the initial high 'fat' diet led to me loosing 1 stone weight. Now in 2nd month and on fruit and fat maintenance plan, not lost anything so far!
    maybe this is down to my lack of familiarity with the name of their plans. But I wouldn't expect you to lose weight while on a "maintenance plan" by definition.
    Also any recommendations for the supplements and an alternative- went to Holland and Barrett and they were reluctant to recommend anything- I am on some liver oil caps, amino acids and creatine.

Creatine and fish oil are probably the two supps that I consider more useful.
    After a multi-vit and amino acids can be beneficial, but these can easily be provided by a good diet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Horrible horrible diet plan, a lot of people can change there diet to fit a specific low carb diet plan for a set number of weeks but no one is going to stick with it for a lifetime, low carb diets work for these marketers because they play on peoples ignorance, when people go on a low carb diet they loose a lot of weight initially because carbs contain water and are stored in the muscles as glycogen, carbs are not the enemy and are absolute essential for a balanced hormone profile and recover, follow these tips and you will get results

For fatloss

1.eat 500 calories below maintenance(nothing trumps calorie deficit for losing fat)
    2.Try intermittent fasting, theres no need to eat 5-6 meals a days . Its marketing BS and eating 1 or 2 big meals is so much more enjoyable
    3.Eat lean mass in kg by 22 for grams of protein and fill in the rest of your calories with whatever your want, protein is important for repairing those muscles after training but you don't need as much as some would lead you to believe,150-200g is enough for the vast majority of men, women only need half that

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kogara

Hi I am thinking of doing the 12day package with educogym. Just wondering if anyone could post the diet sheet they give u?
    It's 200 euro so I don't so I don't want to pay them and then realise I hate the food.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

kogara wrote: »
    Hi I am thinking of doing the 12day package with educogym. Just wondering if anyone could post the diet sheet they give u?
    It's 200 euro so I don't so I don't want to pay them and then realise I hate the food.

Thanks

€200 for 12 days!! You must be kidding??

Do yourself a favour and join a regular gym and get some personal training....or just spend €200 with a personal trainer...tell them you've no gym membership and they can still design you an appropriate programme.

For that price you'd get a decent 3 month programme from Hanley...Revolution Fitness.

Unless you think there's a correlation between spending loads of money and getting in shape....in that case...go right ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 teddykrueger

plee wrote: »
    the initial high 'fat' diet led to me loosing 1 stone weight. Now in 2nd month and on fruit and fat maintenance plan

This just sounds gimmicky and doesn't make any sense. If someone laid out this plan for me alarm bells would be ringing immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 hallo123

Hi all i have done educogym in the past and it did work but not long term. Im just wondering if i followed the diet myself would i gain weight rather than lose it because it is a high fat diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

hallo123 wrote: »
    Im just wondering if i followed the diet myself would i gain weight rather than lose it because it is a high fat diet?

It depends on the calories and not the make up of the calories. Fat doesn't necessarily make you fat.

I gram of fat = 9 calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I did it 3 years ago and lost 3 stone in 3 months now it's back on again. Joined my local gym, never use it. Thinking of going back, It usually takes me two attempts to learn lessons.
    But the problem is the no carb thing, its not sustainable long term. My problem is I need to be pushed.

Advertisement