Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Cyber Security & Digital Forensics

• 09-11-2015 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32 JimJamMiniMini

Hello , i am just wondering if anyone can tell me about the Cyber Security & Digital Forensics course. Is there a lot of penetration testing ? Could a graduate work as an ethical hacker ? Do you reccommend this course for other people ? Is it a hard course ? Would you get a job straight after the course even though there is no work placement on this course ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭ Sin City

Id also be interested in these questions
    What programming languages do you need besides command line for forensics

Just got accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trevc123

So what do you think of the course so far? I'm very interested as I'm considering this degree for next year

trevc123 wrote: »
    So what do you think of the course so far? I'm very interested as I'm considering this degree for next year

Challenging but very good
    very practical which I think is the right approach

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trevc123

What the timetable like any days off? is there much pen testing? java or C++ what languages? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so interested to speak to someone in this course and I can't find anyone :)

• Advertisement

trevc123 wrote: »
    What the timetable like any days off? is there much pen testing? java or C++ what languages? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so interested to speak to someone in this course and I can't find anyone :)

So far just python

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭ The_Valeyard

Sin City wrote: »
    So far just python

Python is a nice starter language, ease you into it and is quite fun to mess with.

I take it you will probably be looking at:

HTML
    CSS
    SQL
    Visual Basics
    C++/Java
    Machine Language

Advertisement