Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cyber Security & Digital Forensics

• 09-11-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello , i am just wondering if anyone can tell me about the Cyber Security & Digital Forensics course. Is there a lot of penetration testing ? Could a graduate work as an ethical hacker ? Do you reccommend this course for other people ? Is it a hard course ? Would you get a job straight after the course even though there is no work placement on this course ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Id also be interested in these questions
    What programming languages do you need besides command line for forensics

Just got accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trevc123

So what do you think of the course so far? I'm very interested as I'm considering this degree for next year

trevc123 wrote: »
    So what do you think of the course so far? I'm very interested as I'm considering this degree for next year

Challenging but very good
    very practical which I think is the right approach

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trevc123

What the timetable like any days off? is there much pen testing? java or C++ what languages? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so interested to speak to someone in this course and I can't find anyone :)

• Advertisement

trevc123 wrote: »
    What the timetable like any days off? is there much pen testing? java or C++ what languages? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so interested to speak to someone in this course and I can't find anyone :)

So far just python

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sin City wrote: »
    So far just python

Python is a nice starter language, ease you into it and is quite fun to mess with.

I take it you will probably be looking at:

HTML
    CSS
    SQL
    Visual Basics
    C++/Java
    Machine Language

Advertisement