Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Hate Bulkpowder Bags

Options
  • 09-11-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Weird q: does anyone else find the ziplock(?) on bulkpowder bags an absolute nightmare to close?

I have two 5kg bags that are particularly annoying due to the size of them - I've taken to just refilling two old ON tubs because It's too much hassle trying to close them.

Do Myprotein use the same kinda bags?

(Fully expecting a raft of 'wtf are you talking about' replies here!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Yes they are shíte. Myprotein bags are equally shíte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I bought empty tubs off MP a few years ago for that exact reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The last whey bag I got was a pain in the hole to close but it was in a deep drawer in my desk so I just opened that, scooped and closed drawer. The bag of oats is fine to close.

Tubs are way better but the bags are easier to keep in the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I find that the powder gets stuck in the 'grooves' and that makes it hard to reseal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

BP do tubs as well. 11 litre tub for €3.75. They're rectangular versus the round ones from BP.

Not sure if Ronnie Coleman sells tubs or what shape they are but they're probably better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Not sure if Ronnie Coleman sells tubs or what shape they are but they're probably better.

They sure look like quality tubs.

hGfwzJV.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's MP ones I find annoying, BP ones I have are piss easy so not sure what is different. i just have the corner opened really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I find that the powder gets stuck in the 'grooves' and that makes it hard to reseal.

This. If you clear the groove with a knife or something thin they close fine.
    It was a pain in the arse until I figured that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

No one else just held onto one of the big plastic tubs, the kinda you'd get when buying whey powder from the likes of Holland and Barrett and just refills with those big 10kg bags?
    Filling it to the top, a 10KG annoying zip lock bag only needs to be opened/closed about 3-4 times then. Win win.

Advertisement