Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym/Personal trainer Dublin 1/7

Options
  • 09-11-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hi any recommendations for a gym and/or personal trainer in Smithfield or Dublin 1 area or Drumcondra? I feel I need a personal trainer or at least someone to do a fitness plan for me as I have never really done the gym properly before. Always played football which kept me somewhat fit but didn't play this year at all really.

I know Ben Dunne has a place in Jervis, do they offer personal trainers or will they do a gym plan for you? Any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Yeah Ben dunne do personal trainers. ( well the one in blanch does, I'm sure they all do)
    You pay them privately and make appointments to suit u.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Yeah Ben dunne do personal trainers. ( well the one in blanch does, I'm sure they all do)
    You pay them privately and make appointments to suit u.

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Robert T

I'm not sure but I think Hanley (who posts here) has one of his gyms in Drumcondra.

Hanley is one of the most knowledgeable people on S&C and training in general that you could come across so if his gym is nearby then I would certainly get in contact with him.

I worked with him a few years ago and made great improvements, only stopped because of a change in location. I would strongly recommend working with a trainer who knows what they are doing instead of following some cookie-cutter programme from the web which will most likely not fit your needs.

His gym is called revolution fitness if you want to google it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Robert T wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I think Hanley (who posts here) has one of his gyms in Drumcondra.

Hanley is one of the most knowledgeable people on S&C and training in general that you could come across so if his gym is nearby then I would certainly get in contact with him.

I worked with him a few years ago and made great improvements, only stopped because of a change in location. I would strongly recommend working with a trainer who knows what they are doing instead of following some cookie-cutter programme from the web which will most likely not fit your needs.

His gym is called revolution fitness if you want to google it.

Thanks mate. Really glad to hear that... especially considering I knew about 10% of what I know now when I was working with ya :)

We've moved 100% to Glasnevin now to a new super gym, but its a 15 minute cycle from the old DC gym to there, or 10 mins in the car.

Advertisement