Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is BP as good as it's made out to be?

Options
  • 05-11-2015 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

if you read this forum you'd swear that every other protein is made from cow **** when compared to the mighty BP. I don't know any serious athletes who use it, it seems to be a boards.ie phenomenon.

If it was as good as its make it out to be here then it would be endorsed by professional sporting organisations. It's not....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

WarZ wrote: »
    if you read this forum you'd swear that every other protein is made from cow **** when compared to the mighty BP. I don't know any serious athletes who use it, it seems to be a boards.ie phenomenon.

If it was as good as its make it out to be here then it would be endorsed by professional sporting organisations. It's not....

What makes a good protein supplement to you? What considerations come into play?

Most people look at price, protein content and taste.

Taste is subjective, the other two aren't.

Endorsement by professionals really mean anything other than who has the biggest marketing budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Cristiano Ronaldo endorses Herbalife.

It's still shit. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Essien wrote: »
    Cristiano Ronaldo endorses Herbalife.

It's still shit. :confused:

Yeah but Real Madrid aren't using it to provide supplements to their athletes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

What makes a good protein supplement to you? What considerations come into play?

Most people look at price, protein content and taste.

Taste is subjective, the other two aren't.

Endorsement by professionals really mean anything other than who has the biggest marketing budget.

I think any serious professional organisation will want to get the very best nutritional products for their athletes.

I look at quality over price. I look to what the best in the business trust and it's not BP despite what a lot of regular posters here strangely suggest

I look at quality over price. I look to what the best in the business trust and it's not BP despite what a lot of regular posters here strangely suggest

What determines the quality? The suppliers of the whey? The protein content? The level of fillers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Sporting organisations also endorse energy drinks, fast-food chains and chocolate bars - presumably in exchange for sponsorship. It is more of a mutually beneficial commercial arrangement, it's not some altruistic recommendation of the superior brand as a service to the general public.

What do the serious athletes you know recommend? Who do you recommend? What kind of price per kilo are you getting?

The last time I ordered from MP it was 2 x 5KG for €95.38 (including discount and P&P) - so €9.54 per kilo, theres the bottom line. Some other stuff costs more than twice as much.

if you read this forum you'd swear that every other protein is made from cow **** when compared to the mighty BP.

Also, this isn't true. The only time negative comments are made about anything subjective is taste.

A lot of people like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I do. The only reason I don't get it is because there are cheaper alternatives made with whey supplied by the same suppliers, which have the same protein content and taste the same.

No one says that ON are cow****. Just that they are more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

To be honest OP, I think you're asking the wrong question.

It's not a case of whether BP/MP are as good as they're made out to be, it's got more to do with whether all the other brands with their snazzy labels and names are as good as they're made out to be.

For the most part, whey protein is going to be 99% the same wherever you buy it. At this stage, everyone has it nailed, so it's about who offers the best value. As I've already said, you get me better value than MP/BP and I'll gladly recommend them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You had another thread in a similar vein, and this is like an attempt to continue the thread which was shut down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement