Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACL Surgery Private

Options
  • 04-11-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I tore my left Anterior Cruciate Ligament and meniscus last May 2014. It wasn't until September that I went and got it looked at. I was put on the waiting list for surgery in Cappagh Hospital last November and was told it would be 9-12 months. I rang them up 2 weeks ago and they said it would be another 6 months at least...joke. I know it could easily be another year or two till I have the surgery if I stay on the waiting list.

Does anyone have any experience or know anyone who went private with this surgery home or abroad? It costs €5450 in Ireland but I believe it's only €2600 in Lithuania although I'd want to know for sure that it's as good as here before making any decision.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Whats the waiting list like elsewhere?? Ring around a few other hospitals and when you get a short waiting time then you get your GP to refer you there

Advertisement