Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

mathie wrote: »
    Hi
    DPD lost my watch and say their insurance doesn't cover jewelry.

I'd be ok if it was damaged and they don't cover damage for things like watches and ceramics.

But they lost this parcel.

Do I have any comeback?

Thanks

Who posted it and did they not have separate insurance themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Who posted it and did they not have separate insurance themselves?
    An ebay purchase to a UK address.
    Dpd lost it.
    It arrived to the DPD depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is it jewellery or a timepiece?

Is it jewellery or a timepiece?

Would it matter either way?
    Watch BTW

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone?

Did you pay via PayPal?

If so, the sender has to prove delivery was made to you which it wasn't. Raise a dispute if they wont resolve and you will get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Anyone?

Was it not insured or registered in any way?

The item was delivered to the DPD parcel wizard UK address.
    So I have no comeback with ebay.

DPD lost it in the way from their UK address to my Irish one.

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Was it not insured or registered in any way?

DPD say if they lose a parcel with jewelry then you're not insured by then.

I can understand if they damage a poorly wrapped item but in this case they lost my item.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

The item was delivered to the DPD parcel wizard UK address.
    So I have no comeback with ebay.

DPD lost it in the way from their UK address to my Irish one.

Use DPD all the time but so far had no problems,but this has been my fear, if its lost between DPD and your home address id imagine as far as Ebay and Paypal are concerned it was delivered to the requested delivery address successfully.

• Advertisement

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Use DPD all the time but so far had no problems,but this has been my fear, if its lost between DPD and your home address id imagine as far as Ebay and Paypal are concerned it was delivered to the requested delivery address successfully.

Third parcel they've lost on me in a few months.

To lose a parcel and then turn around and say "ah it contained one of these items that we don't cover" seems a cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

A few weeks ago I got a delivery on a Saturday from DPD.

Do the drivers always work on Saturday?

I was supposed to be getting two packages today but one seller has been really slow to to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

A few weeks ago I got a delivery on a Saturday from DPD.

Do the drivers always work on Saturday?

I was supposed to be getting two packages today but one seller has been really slow to to post.
    Id say rare exceptions, seems to be done only when they are busy to keep up.

as had maybe once or twice this year were it was delivered on Saturday but usually its Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,577 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

The driver serving my area confirmed they have overtime on saturdays because amount of deliveries grew up drastically.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Anyone have a clue how to edit address on Parcel Wizard? I can get as far as the drop pin in map, tick box, and then won't let me save. The button is broken. Tried a few devices, different browsers. Doesn't work

I used it by accident instead of PM and it doesn;t have my current work address.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Weepsie wrote: »
    Anyone have a clue how to edit address on Parcel Wizard? I can get as far as the drop pin in map, tick box, and then won't let me save. The button is broken. Tried a few devices, different browsers. Doesn't work

I used it by accident instead of PM and it doesn;t have my current work address.

Have you tried to add a second address rather than edit?

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/#/my-addresses/edit/new

I have. Won't let me do anything once I'm on the map page to pin the exact location whether it's new or editing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have. Won't let me do anything once I'm on the map page to pin the exact location whether it's new or editing

Have you tried another browser. Once the box is ticked, you should have a 'Save' option.

Yup. 3 browsers and 2 different devices. Had to change it to depot pickup which is a bit of a pita to be honest as the site is just clearly broken in some way. The live chat couldn''t help either.

Yup. 3 browsers and 2 different devices. Had to change it to depot pickup which is a bit of a pita to be honest as the site is just clearly broken in some way. The live chat couldn''t help either.
    bad idea, dpd have on their website that they have cancelled depot collections only store pickups or home alternative addresses, it says they have removed depot pickup function, and think it should automatically revert to your home address, this has been announced once the lvl3 was declared a week back.

• Advertisement

Is the parcel wizard site just not used or something? Is it all done through DPD Ireland site and ive very possibly missed something.

Won't let me manage the delivery now

Is the parcel wizard site just not used or something? Is it all done through DPD Ireland site and ive very possibly missed something.

Won't let me manage the delivery now
    dunno maybe they were doing some work on the their website, usually works fine for me to change details or locations etc.

as for info seems they announce it on their main DPD website about any changes, well its usually only covid stuff most of the time with lockdowns and level 3 now, so it wouldnt be mentioned on parcel wizard site anywhere, which is a bit OTT given people who use PW service most likely wouldnt click on dpd website and wouldnt see changes they implement.

edit: seen your original post and you mention to drop pin, are you sure your adding extra adress and didnt select a pickup point location, as with pickup point locations, usually you have to delete any previous schedules otherwise it gives error messages and wont let you apply changes which sounds like issue you experienced, where adding work address, is just filling out details, as been a while since done any adding of addresses, but never seen that it would require pin on like google map to select location.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

Third parcel they've lost on me in a few months.

To lose a parcel and then turn around and say "ah it contained one of these items that we don't cover" seems a cop out.

This is very worrying.

At least with parcel motel you can choose to insure higher value items for a fee

I wonder where you stand as a consumer.

Any update?

Ah it was a weird error in the Postcode field.

There was a rogue character (comma) when I was pasting it from work website.

I take it back on the site being broken, and hope it just arrives as it's not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

DPD to create 700 new Jobs. 150 in Athlone Headquarters

It was just announced on Rte Radio 1 news.

https://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/news/42210-700-new-jobs-created-at-dpd-ireland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

And Fastway another 600, announced yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

whiterebel wrote: »
    And Fastway another 600, announced yesterday.

Didn't hear of that.

Hopefully they are investing in their Customer Service dept. A few people that would answer phones would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Got a text today for delivery tomorrow so they must be working overtime!

Got a text today for delivery tomorrow so they must be working overtime!
    likewise, seen them around all week in the mornings, so hoping they are at least prepared this time, as imagine soon lots of people will be buying most stuff online for holidays ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Have 2 parcels delivered on Saturday - No updates from them which is strange generally i have update by afternoon on delivery next day ! Anyone else on same boat ?

Advertisement