Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutumnWatch 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

If I withdrew feeding, the birds that once survived naturally in this area would be gone. No longer can they feed on an abundance of seed in the wild. Pasture land here is now devoid of much of the foods birds enjoyed for millennia. My garden woodland is a now scarce source of food and shelter. My birdtable is not an easy option; it is one of very few options remaining. They are not totally dependent on my feeding, as weekly counts at times of bumper availability of natural foods locally shows, but their long term survival is certainly enhanced by it.

All fair points, which I suppose would apply to most garden, and many rural, situations. I live on the edge of a tract of wild native woodland, so it's a bit different for me.

Advertisement