Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what horror film are you watching?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

IT is on. Bit of nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Watched the 2015 Poltergeist remake, was enjoying it until the wife got too scared and wanted to turn it off. Had to go outside to get stuff ready for the morning and she had to come with me, wouldn't stay in the living room on her own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I haven't just been watching horror movies, I've also been watching American Horror Story (just finished the first season), and I've been playing some horror games too. I picked up Stasis a few days ago, which is a really amazing sci-fi horror adventure game:

And picked up The Evil Within again, after not playing it for a while. Love the game, but I am a wuss when it comes to horror games and could only play it for a while each time.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya I really just cant watch horror films at all, I also had to leave the film Amityville horror the one in 2005, thats why Im sticking with the halloween films. Hey is that film the conjuring really scary or the woman in black with Daniel Radcliffe?

Neither are really scary. Both had a couple of jump moments and are well made with good production values (rare enough in horror) but ultimately a bit...soulless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Watched Spoorloos late on my own one night. Very very unsettling. Did not sleep well after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I had to give up on that Evil Within, far too hard for me.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I had to give up on that Evil Within, far too hard for me.

It was a bit tough alright. That freaky long-haired spider lady that crawls out of the puddle of blood killed me so many times. :eek:

Watched Spoorloos late on my own one night. Very very unsettling. Did not sleep well after.

Ah Spoorloos is a great film, and as I said earlier available on Youtube, much better than the remake although that wasn't bad (was it the Vanishing? It had Jeff Bridges...miscast).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

titan18 wrote:
    I've done Housebound. It Follows, Witching and Bitching, Tales of Halloween and now on The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Thought tales of Halloween was poor enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

IT is awesome. The book wasn't bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

The Omen is on Netflix (the original).

One of my favourites; it terrified me as a child!

eternal wrote: »
    IT is awesome. The book wasn't bad either.

They all float down here...

http://youtu.be/OPdDdC4go6c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Watched Babadook tonight. We really liked it though it's not really a horror film.

We're probably watching El Orfanato tomorrow.

A Tale of Two Sisters

If you have to beg, borrow or steal it, if you have to download it illegally or get a pirate copy from an organisation that funds gangsters or terrorists, just watch it.

That's one of my favourite films of all time. It really is a masterpiece, and absolutely beautiful too. It was available on Amazon Prime up until a few days ago, when they removed it from Instant, but it's still available to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ice Storm wrote: »
    The Omen is on Netflix (the original).

One of my favourites; it terrified me as a child!

Yeah second that bad memories of this

Was watching "you're next" until the missus turned it off :(

That's one of my favourite films of all time. It really is a masterpiece, and absolutely beautiful too. It was available on Amazon Prime up until a few days ago, when they removed it from Instant, but it's still available to rent.

Yup, easily one of my favourite horrors ever. And you know, that's one reason to have DVDs, because with more niche stuff, you often times can't get it on streaming services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Onto 'The Ring' now for second horror movie of the night....ashamed to say have never seen it before :) let's see what all the hype was about 13 years ago :)

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Onto 'The Ring' now for second horror movie of the night....ashamed to say have never seen it before :) let's see what all the hype was about 13 years ago :)

American remake?

Don't bother, it's not bad but it will ruin the original for you. The Japanese original is one of the best horrors ever.

The original was way, way better, so seriously worth a watch if you can find that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Settling into Re-Animator, not my favourite but it's been years since I last watched it.

Watched the very film tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Watched Insidious 3 earlier.

Some good hops. Not as good as the first 2 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Decided to rewatch silence of the lambs. Hopkins is a much better Hannibal than the guy in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Freddy V jason is starting to kick off now, though I can see why Kelly Rolands acting career didn't take off.

I did like this line from her "what sort of a fagot runs around in a Christmas sweater?" whilst talking to Freddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Went to see "The Birds" tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

American remake?

Don't bother, it's not bad but it will ruin the original for you. The Japanese original is one of the best horrors ever.

Links234 wrote:
    The original was way, way better, so seriously worth a watch if you can find that.

It's the 2002 version, presume that's the remake?? Either way I'm going to be freaked out going to bed tonight 🙈🙉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sugarman wrote: »
    Well, that was ****ing terrifying!:o

Yeah, really wasn't expecting it to be as scary as it was. Didn't know anything about it before watching it but felt like taking a valium afterwards.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

'It Follows' is terrific, great for those who favour suspense over gore/jump scares.

It's the 2002 version, presume that's the remake?? Either way I'm going to be freaked out going to bed tonight 🙈🙉

Yeah, that's the remake. :( Pity, the original is so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

If it's the original, and not the US remake. You will not sleep for a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Partner was going to be away over Halloween so we had a bout of Halloweenish movies beforehand! I'll be the first to admit that none of them were particularly -scary- but they were fun to watch.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - more sad than scary. Good movie though, although I don't think I would watch it again.
    Ghostbusters!
    The Haunting - not that scary, and some rather cringey acting here and there, but the house is just sooo pretty. I watch that film for the set. Nom.
    Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula - If I never watch that piece of tripe again, it'll be too soon. I was so bewildered by his interpretation that I read the book again to see was I misremembering. I wasn't, he just had a drastically different read of it. O.o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Watched Ghostbusters I & II.

Weren't that scary tbh.

Advertisement