Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

224 feared dead in plane crash in Eygpt

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭SeanW

On a side note, but relevant since the whole area seems such a flash point and minds are being concentrated by a civilian plane crash, an interesting article for anyone interested in whole Russia/US geopolitics in present time is this one...Just had a gawk at it.

http://www.voltairenet.org/article189146.html
    Israel colonising Northern Syria ... ISIS in Ukraine ... what the actual ****?
    I suppose it only stands to reason now that if ISIS knocked this plane out of the sky and murdered 200+ Russian civilians including women and children then Russia should go all out and incinerate every single IS camp, depot, training site, the lot.
    Much as I hate to say it, seems the Russian and Iranian moves against ISIS are the only ones that are accomplishing a damn thing, so while I'm not a fan of either, if the Russians obliterate IS, more power to them as far as I am concerned. So far they seem to be accomplishing more than the USs "lets arm the rebels" nonsense.
    Must be some way to profit from this atrocity....more scanners at the airports? Turn Russian public opinion against Putin for putting civilians in harm's way over his bombing of ISIS and American funded mercenaries in Syria? Must be some way the US can turn this to their advantage financially or politically.
    Huh? Not everything is a conspiracy against Russia. Russian civilians are frequently murdered by Islamic terrorists, and they have lost planes due to bombings in the past. Not saying for sure that's what happened, but I assume that Irish, UK and other European authorities would be hesitant to suspend flights to the region without at least some kind of reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

the bomb-in-the-hold theory is official now. It would make me uneasy flying anywhere for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

nullzero wrote: »
    Its a basic comparison. I never claimed to know what caused the crash.
    I love how people jump on you on this site sometimes.

In that case they would have to be comparable which at the time of posting wasn't possible. It could have been comparable to MH317 or any other number of mid air break ups that were for much different reasons so to say it was most comparable to Lockerbie was jumping the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

the bomb-in-the-hold theory is official now. It would make me uneasy flying anywhere for a while.

But is it still a Theory, or is it a FACT ?

Lots of smoke and mirrors + several 'Theories' in the case of this tragedy.

When that last second of sound is analysed, we'll know more . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

LordSutch wrote: »
    But is it still a Theory, or is it a FACT ?

Lots of smoke and mirrors + several 'Theories' in the case of this tragedy.

Once that last second of sound is analysed . . . .
    I think he means it's officially a theory :D

It was written off as unlikely by most (including myself) when it first happened, but seems to be the lead theory at this point for everyone except the Egyptians and Russians.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Can it really take this long to find 'residue' from a bomb?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

threeball wrote: »
    In that case they would have to be comparable which at the time of posting wasn't possible. It could have been comparable to MH317 or any other number of mid air break ups that were for much different reasons so to say it was most comparable to Lockerbie was jumping the gun.

It was more comparable to Lockerbie than 9-11 is the point I was making.
    I sometimes wonder is it possible for people to be civil on the Internet, everything has to be an absolute version of itself, the possibility of duality of meaning is seemingly lost on people like you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

seamus wrote: »
    Doesn't initially look like anything nefarious here. Aircraft stalled and dropped out the sky. Probably pilot error.
    RIP.
    Turns out it is. Russia says plane in Sinai brought down by bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Russia is offering a £33 million reward for info leading the arrests of those responsible.

Advertisement