Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoney batter Seven

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Kraft.l wrote: »
    I'll limit it to a few people ;)

Fill yer boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hootanany wrote: »
    Hanlons is starting food this Friday free pint and all pints are €3 on the 4th happy days.

I'll pass on Hanlons as well if you dont mind...dont want to be an innocent victim in another shooting :cool:

I'll pass on Hanlons as well if you dont mind...dont want to be an innocent victim in another shooting :cool:

Do by all means I just ha ve a pint there now and then

Do by all means I just ha ve a pint there now and then

When the next shooting happens you can give us the inside story :D

When the next shooting happens you can give us the inside story :D

The last shooting was outside😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

The last shooting was outside😆

Hmm think I'll avoid it

Hmm think I'll avoid it

You could always go to Cabra House:D

Maybe we could organise a D7 boardsies night out visiting death traps in the area:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Maybe we could organise a D7 boardsies night out visiting death traps in the area

Clark's city arms ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

sweetie wrote: »
    Clark's city arms ftw!

What's that place like? Any time I walk past it I think it looks dodgy as fook for some reason but am usually half-tempted to stop in for a pint. I haven't acted on that temptation yet though.

What's that place like? Any time I walk past it I think it looks dodgy as fook for some reason but am usually half-tempted to stop in for a pint. I haven't acted on that temptation yet though.

They have Plasma on Draught

• Advertisement

The other place in the area that I have always wanted to pop into, but that looks like it might be very dodgy is the Glimmerman. What's that spot like? I've often seen tracksuited skangers with neck tattoos and pit bulls outside it, but I have no idea if they drink in there or just hang around on the street.

The other place in the area that I have always wanted to pop into, but that looks like it might be very dodgy is the Glimmerman. What's that spot like? I've often seen tracksuited skangers with neck tattoos and pit bulls outside it, but I have no idea if they drink in there or just hang around on the street.
    I only ever drank there once😨

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

I've watched a few rugby a football matches in the Glimmerman when all the other pubs are full and it was actually grand. Mix of characters - tourists and locals (of all classes) and ended up watching the people as much as the match.

Never felt uncomfortable and we were just two girls, few friendly old lads at the bar. And they have Beamish.

Pop in for a pint and let me know what you think. :D

And they have Beamish.

I do enjoy a pint of Beamish in the depths of winter alright, although Walsh's down the road has it too and that's a great little pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

It's hard to beat Walshes.

The new place where Soulful was is Oxmantown, which is also down on St. Mary's Abbey/Capel Street-ish. I don't think much of their stuff there so probably won't be paying it a visit, although there's rumours of them doing pizza at night.

I reckon Love Supreme is still the best in the area for coffee and a sausage roll, but must give Cowtown a run soon.

OldBean wrote: »

The new place where Soulful was is Oxmantown, which is also down on St. Mary's Abbey/Capel Street-ish. I don't think much of their stuff there so probably won't be paying it a visit, although there's rumours of them doing pizza at night.

I reckon Love Supreme is still the best in the area for coffee and a sausage roll, but must give Cowtown a run soon.

What's Slice like it's always packed when I walk by.

I haven't gone back since I was told I couldn't have more milk for my pot of tea...

The food in there is grand, coffee isn't great and service varies from really nice to pretty abrupt/cold.

Woof down the road has upped its game quite a bit, and worth a visit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I haven't gone back since I was told I couldn't have more milk for my pot of tea...

The food in there is grand, coffee isn't great and service varies from really nice to pretty abrupt/cold.

PHX Bistro is nearby and do a great lunch deal. Myself and the the other half went there on a saturday night a few weeks ago, great food and excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Yes, Walshes is a great pub. Was there a couple of weeks ago and would have stayed all night.

Tommy O'Gara's is supposed to be a great pub for the locals.

dixiefly wrote: »
    Yes, Walshes is a great pub. Was there a couple of weeks ago and would have stayed all night.

Tommy O'Gara's is supposed to be a great pub for the locals.

Yep, O'Gara's is a nice spot too.

• Advertisement

Gone back where

..and where is Slice??

Gone back where

..and where is Slice??

Slice is on Manor Place, just a few doors up the street from Cowtown. It seems to be something of a hipster mecca and always has a bunch of them hanging around outside waiting for a table at weekends.

Slice is on Manor Place, just a few doors up the street from Cowtown. It seems to be something of a hipster mecca and always has a bunch of them hanging around outside waiting for a table at weekends.

I'm obviously not their target market ;)

I'm obviously not their target market ;)

No wonder you won't go to Hanlons with that target on ya

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

Slice and loved Supreme look a bit pretentious to be honest a lovein for middle class hipsters by the look of it, not really my scene.

Well Halos is packed got one free and then another sent over hope it comes back hic

Gone back where

Slice - the post I was replying to mentioned it.

Manor place, just up from Maureen's.
    Slice and loved up look a bit pretentious to be honest a lovein for middle class hipsters by the look of it, not really my scene.

Take it you mean Love Supreme. If you don't like it, fair enough, but they're just trying to provide good food and coffee in an area asking for good food and drink. Resenting 'the hipsters' is a pretty cliche. If it's not your scene, you don't have to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dixiefly wrote:
    PHX Bistro is nearby and do a great lunch deal. Myself and the the other half went there on a saturday night a few weeks ago, great food and excellent value.

Love that place, Carolina is great with kids. Shame its never busy. We were one of two tables a couple sundays ago and there was a queue outside Wuff. Feckin hipsters

Slice - the post I was replying to mentioned it.

Manor place, just up from Maureen's.

Take it you mean Love Supreme. If you don't like it, fair enough, but they're just trying to provide good food and coffee in an area asking for good food and drink. Resenting 'the hipsters' is a pretty cliche. If it's not your scene, you don't have to worry.

Ah OK, must be the rebranded restaurant that was there B-Plan or whatever i was!

• Advertisement

Ah OK, must be the rebranded restaurant that was there B-Plan or whatever i was!

Yup, that's the one!

Was taken over by the guys running Cake Cafe on Camden St.

Advertisement