Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myprotein Impact Whey has changed?

Options
  • 29-10-2015 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

First world problems I know, but wondering if anybody else has noticed a change in the myprotein Impact Whey protein?

I buy a 5kg bag every 2 or 3 months, along with a smaller bag of Casein, natural vanilla flavour. Casein has always tasted amazing, the whey has always been very good too.

Got a new bag of whey a few days ago...it is absolutely rank. Not only the taste, which is very eggy, but the texture too; it barely mixes with milk, even when using an electric whisk. It binds into big clumps, and builds up at the bottom of my shaker. Previously you could mix it smooth with just a fork. No chance of that now.

Not happy with it at all! Something has definitely changed, or I got a dodgy bag. I don't have an old bag to compare ingredients. Anybody else notice a change over the last month or two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Could be a dodgy bag, might be worth getting on to them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Noticed the mix-ability thing, I've two 5kg bags and both have been the same. Taste is grand, it's vanilla but it is a pain in the hole to mix. I've to add more liquid about two thirds of the way through and shake the sh1t out of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Been getting their unflavoured for a year now, got two 5kg bags a few months ago and they both tasted horrible, had horrible aftertaste burps too.

Complained that they tasted horrible - gave batch number (same for both bags) - they said they checked them and there was nothing wrong. Sent me one 5kg bag with no admission that there was anything wrong

Can't say if the replacement bag is as bad as the others yet, as as i haven't opened it yet. Have been working through the horrible stuff, maybe i've become desensitised or maybe the horrible taste has mellowed; or i'm just slamming it back as quickly as possible so i don't have to taste it. The burps don't seem to bother me now.

But yeah, something has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I went in on an order of a few bags of their isolate during the summer, as they stated it was lactose free. 3 of us discovered our new isolates were definitely not as lactose free as they had been previously...!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I received a bag with 3 large screws in it about 3 years ago. I took a picture and sent it to then just to let them know but never heard anything back.

• Advertisement

My disgusting batch number was 89203.

Go to your account, Click on order history, beside the order click on Contact Us.

They were pretty quick getting back to me. Wasn't entirely happy as they only replaced one bag, and i'm not even sure the new bag will be any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

Complained that they tasted horrible - gave batch number (same for both bags) - they said they checked them and there was nothing wrong. Sent me one 5kg bag with no admission that there was anything wrong

Yeah they've asked for batch/best before date, I presume they're just going to say nothing is wrong...did you have to send back your "bad" bag before getting a replacement?

It's a pity because the Casein is absolutely delicious and mixes so smoothly...the bags of Whey I was getting previously were pretty close to how the Casein tasted, but this particular bag makes me wretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Kinetica protein FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bulkpowders is always a good alternative. Deals that are as good as if not better than MP this last while.

Trine wrote: »
    Yeah they've asked for batch/best before date, I presume they're just going to say nothing is wrong...did you have to send back your "bad" bag before getting a replacement?

It's a pity because the Casein is absolutely delicious and mixes so smoothly...the bags of Whey I was getting previously were pretty close to how the Casein tasted, but this particular bag makes me wretch.

Didn't have to send anything back, but only got one bag out of two replaced though.

So even if the replacement bag is better I will be trying out bulk powders or some other supplier next time I need some.

Here is what they said:
    Thank you for getting in touch.

I have now looked into this for you and have received an update from our quality department advising that we have not received any other complaints regarding the batch you have received.

However as a gesture of good will we have now processed a replacement for one of your bags.

We thank you for your patience.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Joss

Myprotein.com Customer Service Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

Decent result, got a mail middle of last week saying a replacement bag was on the way, arrived this morning. Looking forward to seeing how it tastes...

...and yes, I'll most definitely be mixing a bit of my "bad" bag in with each scoop! ;)

Advertisement