Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how big is your ignore list?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Everyone likes me, and thinks I'm great, in my safe space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I added a few people last year to fix the results of the boards love match thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

I have all the people I want to make passive-aggressive "who said that? :cool:" digs at - and other twatty behaviour - on my ignore list.

More serious answer: I use the ignore list more as a 'watch this poster' feature, where I always read the posts, but it gives me added pause to consider why I put them on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

None. Why would you put someone on ignore? It's the internet, don't take things too serious. The modding is at such a level where idiotic trolls are banned immediately anyway so there's no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Jaysus didn't even know there was one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

It's still empty

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Buava

I have two on mine.

One begins with K, the other wears an eyepatch. Pair of plonkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

There's one person on it. It's someone who left a bunch of weird messages on my profile. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what his problem with me was. It wasn't until looking at my old posts I realised he was upset because months beforehand I had reported him for quoting me and saying "FAIL" in Ranting and Raving. Seriously, he got a warning from a moderator and waited about eight months before posting cryptic messages on my profile about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

First

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

0. Never felt the need.

...However. I would love an ignore button for threads/forums. Sometimes a few threads or forums I have no interest in will dominate the Latest and Trending lists for hours, which is irritating. I'm mostly on the site at night when it's slower, so a few big threads or a flurry of posting from one or two users in a single forum can really tie them up.

Does anyone know impossible would that be to implement, as a feature?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I have one. Couldn't take seeing the misery anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

I'm only guessing, but I'd say several, possibly many, have me on ignore. I don't have anyone on ignore. I just ignore them manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Just the King of Moo.

Could consider adding end of the road but I do love his hard on for travellers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Non existent. The option seems pointless to me.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Just the King of Moo.

Could consider adding end of the road but I do love his hard on for travellers.

And then it starts...

No thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement