Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blizzcon 2015

• 28-10-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody planning to watch it? There is one foreigner playing, the French Protoss Lilbow.

Starts this Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No one? :(

Awesome thing for me is that Paddy Power are giving odds on all matches, look forward to betting tiny amounts of money on each game that I can obsess over :D

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/e-sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Did you seriously complain about people not responding in a day on this board?!?!?!

Yeah I plan on watching, another friend and I have a pool going on. Lost a ton of money on proleague finals, Figured s0s would be able to take out innovation, how wrong was I. Not to mention Pigbaby choking big time.

I hope to make some of that money back at blizzcon, I already got drunk one night and threw a 5er on zest, but with 26:1 odds who wouldn't! sOs looks to have very good chance of making the finals with the bottom bracket being very weak. Innovation will have his work cut out big time in every match but if anyone can beat him its Zest.

Because yano, Zest is best!

Life is likely going to wreck Lilbow not to mention Life beat Zest 3-1 in the KungFu Cup last week in a very convincing series.

I guess paddy power corrected the odds on zest:
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPORTS&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=403&ev_type_id=26401&ev_oc_grp_ids=2134537&bir_index=

now 13:1, Lilbow now 100:1, (When I did my bets Lilbow and Zest were both 26:1)

My predictions:
    hero beats Fantasy
    Classic beats Byul
    Innovation beats Zest
    Life beats Lilbow
    Rain beats Polt
    sOs beats Parting
    Dream beats Hydra
    Maru beats Rogue

classic beats hero
    Innovation beats life
    sOs beats rain
    Dream beats maru

Innovation beats classic
    sOs beats Dream

Innovation beats sOs

1st post in over a month isn't exactly a hive (geddit?) of activity though is it? But I'm not complaining, it is what it is.

I definitely fancy Byul to go further than expected, likewise I think Rogue will beat Maru. Haven't seen a great game out of Maru in a long time.

Wasn't really impressed with Life in the Kung Fu Cup myself, the final vs. Stats was 4:3 and definitely could have gone the other way. Doesn't look like a Blizzcon winner anyway. Beating Zest so comfortably was good news for him though.

1st post in over a month isn't exactly a hive (geddit?) of activity though is it? But I'm not complaining, it is what it is.

I definitely fancy Byul to go further than expected, likewise I think Rogue will beat Maru. Haven't seen a great game out of Maru in a long time.

Wasn't really impressed with Life in the Kung Fu Cup myself, the final vs. Stats was 4:3 and definitely could have gone the other way. Doesn't look like a Blizzcon winner anyway. Beating Zest so comfortably was good news for him though.

Yeah I agree on the Maru front, It was a very tough decision to favour him over Rogue who I think is in great form recently. If Rogue manages to get out over Maru I think he will have no issue beating Dream in a convincing series.

After Byul choking so much in proleague / GSL recently I've just lost all faith in him, he could cause some upsets but I really have my doubts hes even capable of beating classic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

ill try to watch as much of it as I can, don't know how late I'll be able to stay awake if I want to be ok for college the week after

****ing hate west coast events

• Advertisement

strelok wrote: »
    ill try to watch as much of it as I can, don't know how late I'll be able to stay awake if I want to be ok for college the week after

****ing hate west coast events

Schedule goes on until 2am this Sunday night, and 1am for the finals the following Sunday. So if there's no massive delays I hope they stick to it!

mad turnip wrote: »
    Schedule goes on until 2am this Sunday night, and 1am for the finals the following Sunday. So if there's no massive delays I hope they stick to it!

"no massive delays"

first blizzcon? :D

oh, and I'd love to see fantasy win it

obviously I'll be happy with any terran, but I've always had a soft spot for fantasy

Just home, first game is live now, Hero is up 2-1 against Fantasy.

Err...Why is it so silent? There is a crowd right?

Just home, first game is live now, Hero is up 2-1 against Fantasy.

Err...Why is it so silent? There is a crowd right?

Round of 16 is in the ESL studio with no audience.

That game 1 in Fantasy vs Hero so good, very close, but as usual hero takes it without much trouble in the other games.

Round of 16 is in the ESL studio with no audience.

That game 1 in Fantasy vs Hero so good, very close, but as usual hero takes it without much trouble in the other games.

Ahh that explains it. I only saw the last game, only just got home.

• Advertisement

Byul against Classic next, should be match of the night?

Byul against Classic next, should be match of the night?

Not a chance, Byul is going to be wrecked. 3-1 Classic.

Innovation vs Zest now that will be good

Liquidpedia has updated the schedule to go on until 5am :(

Not a chance, Byul is going to be wrecked. 3-1 Classic.

Innovation vs Zest now that will be good

Liquidpedia has updated the schedule to go on until 5am :(

I'm sticking with Byul :D

Yeah that has me worried too. I'm not working tomorrow but I would still really like to see every game today :o

Horrible start for Byul really, Rotti's right to criticize the preparation but even besides that, it was fairly careless.

Yuck :(

What did I say!!! Absolutly wrecked not a chance, very convincing win from Classic. I favor him over hero so I think he is a big contender for Innovation.

What did I say!!! Absolutly wrecked not a chance, very convincing win from Classic. I favor him over hero so I think he is a big contender for Innovation.

Yeah that was ugly, Byul really didn't offer anything at all. Didn't put any legitimate pressure in game 1 and didn't change a thing for the rest of the series. Fully deserved from Classic. Did look better than hero too

Inno looks phenomenal, glad I grabbed him outright at 10/3

The big one next, Lilbow vs. Life!!

Damn Zest that was really disappointing to watch.
    Lilbow vs Life now this could be close 3-2 either way

• Advertisement

Welll ****

That was amazing. I can't believe he cheesed every game in a row.

That was amazing. I can't believe he cheesed every game in a row.

Deserved that smashing, coming to blizzcon with anything but your 100% perfect focus deserves a spanking like Life gave him.

Wish Mana had gone instead of him. Lilbow represented the foreign scene so embarrassingly. I feel like at least Mana or TLO would have tried their best.

Well stuff Lilbow.

C'mon Polt I guess?

Some pretty **** tweets from Lilbow not even practising. Not overly surprised there must be no one playing HoTs now. Polt vs Rain was a great series, Rain adapted big time to Polts play towards the end glad he pulled through Polt nearly had him a couple of times.

Stayed up for two of the sOs vs Parting matches, some good high level PvP but at that stage it was 2am :(

i went to bed pretty early because i'm old, woke up to see inno as the only terran through :/

it kinda works out as it means I only have to watch one quarter final and then potentially only one semi and then the finals, so I won't have to stay awake until all hours

i went to bed pretty early because i'm old, woke up to see inno as the only terran through :/

it kinda works out as it means I only have to watch one quarter final and then potentially only one semi and then the finals, so I won't have to stay awake until all hours

The games are all on Friday/Saturday so you'll have to stay up late to see the finals

The games are all on Friday/Saturday so you'll have to stay up late to see the finals

assuming inno wins, and you know.. terran UP, balance whine etc etc

• Advertisement

Damn I'm excited for this, my first blizzcon :D

Ro8 show starting in the next few minutes :D

http://webchat.quakenet.org #starcraft.ie

there's no one in here these days, but if anyone wants to idle while blizzcon is on it might give starcraft 2 the bump it needs to overtake lol

Come on Classic, keep your chin up.

Insane game between Life and Inno. Stunning play by Life. Grabbed him to win outright at 14/1 just now

Incredible game, Innovation was really poor in that last map. That Thor drop needs Benny Hill music, such a waste.

• Advertisement

well, that's blizzcon over

well, that's blizzcon over

Life vs Classic should be awesome!

Life vs Classic should be awesome!

Now that Innovation is knocked out I feel far more confident of my initial bet of sOs winning it all!

Looking forward for tonights games. Won quite a few bob on bets last night even with a loss on Innovation.

Now that Innovation is knocked out I feel far more confident of my initial bet of sOs winning it all!

Looking forward for tonights games. Won quite a few bob on bets last night even with a loss on Innovation.

I just about broke even I think. Glad I grabbed Life at 14/1 to keep me in with a chance of a good return.

• Advertisement

Two georgous games by sos so far 3-0 incoming?

Two georgous games by sos so far 3-0 incoming?

I think so, wish PP had offered odds on it.

Glad it's not going to be ZvZ final most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Jaysus Rogue was totally and utterly outclassed.

CTPREvJU8AA4k8b.jpg:large

Brilliant crowd

https://instagram.com/p/9zXkfHElb7/

The place is heaving :D Alive gaem

ALIVE GAEM!!!!

What a series. I believe this is known as a "ding-dong"

That warp prism snipe was ridiculously important, holy smokes