Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

honest question to celtics fans would you rather another average season an a playoff spot likely ending with a first round exit again but allowing the many many young players to grow and have a bit more playoff experience or for the team to fall apart a bit along with the nets and get two high lottery picks?

Not a Celtics fan, but my answer when this sort of question is asked is always the high draft pick. If you're not realistically going to challenge for the East then give me a decent chance to be in a position to draft a gamechanger any day of the week.

I know it's a bit different in the NBA because you're not guaranteed a great pick with the way the system works even with a bad season, but as a Ravens fan in the NFL I've been banging the drum over on the American football forum for the last few weeks that I actually want to see the team lose every week now that they're out of contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

honest question to celtics fans would you rather another average season an a playoff spot likely ending with a first round exit again but allowing the many many young players to grow and have a bit more playoff experience or for the team to fall apart a bit along with the nets and get two high lottery picks?

C's fan since I was 12 (I'm a LOT older than that now!). Picks all the way. Picks, picks, picks.

I'd also expect Ainge to trade picks/players for higher picks. Given how much the game has evolved to being a star lead game, and one in which one player can have enormous influence, I'd much rather have 2 picks in say the Top 6 than 5 in the first round. I fully expect Ainge to blow it all up come All Star Weekend, no matter if the team are play off bound or not, it's not about this season, or to a large degree the next 3 - it's about rebuilding right now.

Watched the CHI OKC game last night, Rose was clutch. There's no doubting his skill set or his game, what's in doubt is his ability to do it consistently over a long season and deep into the Play Offs. I'd love to see the guy come back and prove everyone wrong as he's had some awful injuries, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

#bringbacknuri

:D that trade with the celtics looks a tad insane right around now

As a Celtics' fan, I couldn't believe it at the time. I still struggle to believe the Nets were so dumb as to agree to it.

Throwback game from D Rose last night, I thought I'd gone back in time to 2010/2011. It really makes me mad/sad that he used to be able to do that almost every single night until the injuries struck. :(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Ah man when D Rose burst on to the scene he was a must see every game. It's a shame he's been robbed of so much through injury. Hope he can stay healthy for an extended run this year.

On another note. How about those Lakers? Wouldn't even be in contention for a playoff spot in the East. It looks like being a long road back to glory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Felexicon wrote: »
    Ah man when D Rose burst on to the scene he was a must see every game. It's a shame he's been robbed of so much through injury. Hope he can stay healthy for an extended run this year.

It was very exciting, but possibly not sustainable long-term. The encouraging thing this year is the Bulls don't need Rose back to that level to win. If the offense comes together, there's a lot of scoring...Butler can score, Mirotic can score, Gasol can score (and McDermott/Snell can chip in)...I think that's what I want to see, a balanced offense with the scores coming from everywhere.

Barkley quoted Popovich last night, saying he asked him when he realised Kawhi Leonard was a superstar, and Popovich said 'When we drew up plays for him, and he realised it wasn't for Kawhi to score, it was for the Spurs to score'. I think that's what I want to see, an offensive unit rather than just us relying on one player.

Good win last night & fun game. The Durant/Butler & Rose/Westbrook matchups are good to watch. The Thunder weren't great, Durant seemed a bit off and it looks like there's some early growing-pains with the new coach.

I find this comment a bit dumb though:

@billsimmons: "Just zoomed thru OKC-Bulls. Shocked by the coaching sloppiness on both sides. We always underestimate the college-to-NBA learning curve."

It's 6 games in FFS, what's he expecting at this point?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

:D that trade with the celtics looks a tad insane right around now

Had completely forgotten about that trade until I was listening to Simmons on the drive home tonight, crazy from Brooklyn to not have protection on a pick in this day and age.

celtics win + nets go to 0-6 today was a good day

Felexicon wrote: »

He wasn't really a must see from the start! Saw Rose play as a rookie v Boston in November '08 (one of his first NBA starts). I left feeling very underwhelmed about him at the time, except for his insane quickness - he beat everyone up and down the court easily, but he never really looked in full control of the ball at the time - like he hadn't fully adjusted to the league if that makes sense? He didn't really have much range shot wise and was all drives. I was kinda surprised he got ROY that year, but he didn't really have much competition - this is not me being wise after the event btw, I posted on this at the time!

In fairness to him, his MVP season was astonishing and his play (esp. perimeter shooting) improved immeasurably (I again posted on this at the time). His overall game jumped hugely from Rookie to MVP season. What saddens me is I don't think we'll ever see that level of play consistently again from him. He was MVP at 22 (!!!!!!!!) and a crock at 27, which is so sad. He'll have the odd game like the OKC game the other night, but the frequency will drop. :(

• Advertisement

Great finish in Chicago but the Bulls were the victim of some awful calls down the stretch of the 4th quarter there against the T-Wolves who won in OT.

The non-continuation call on Butler's shot which would have given him 2 FT's and the chance put the Bulls up 4 points with less than 2 minutes left was a disgrace. Though missing 9 straight shots in the last 6 minutes of the game didn't help either (1/17 combined with that and OT). :pac::eek:

Wiggins was phenomenal. The T-Wolves have a bright future with he and Towns.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/663170402747682816

Bulls are struggling on both sides of the ball. It's to be expected I suppose but it's going to be a significant period of adjustment the way things are looking.

Yeah I'd be very excited if I was that TWolves fan right now. Wigginton looked great last night and Towns already looks like a solid big man. They will be decent in a year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Wiggins was phenomenal. The T-Wolves have a bright future with he and Towns.
    Yeah that spin-move into a dunk was nice...

As good as Wiggins played, I was even more impressed with Towns. Very surprised at how sophisticated his offensive game looks already, when he's so new to the NBA. Has a lot of good paint and post moves, and good hands. Athletic too, beast on the boards, but nice to see some skills as well as just the athleticism. I'll look forward to watching him again.

Smart move by the Timberwolves getting Kevin Garnett in too. I think this is a big problem with the current lottery system....most of the top young talent goes to these hopeless teams, and they learn bad habits and don't develop properly. Getting Garnett in there will teach these guys the right things (I wouldn't want to be slacking off with him around). Apparently Flip Saunders was instrumental in convincing Garnett to come back to Minnesota, so he has left a good legacy behind him there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Knicks - Lakers on now in the battle of who could give less of a f*ck.

Warriors out to a 7-0 start and don't even properly have their head coach, crazy. I wonder if they might challenge the 48/49 Capitols and 93/93 Rockets for that 15-0 start? Their next 8 games are:

vs Pistons
    @ Grizzlies
    @ T-Wolves
    vs Nets
    vs Raptors
    @ Clippers
    vs Bulls
    @ Nuggets

Pistons and Raptors have had a very good start, though 3 each of their wins have come against East teams so will hardly strike fear into the Warriors. Grizzlies, T-Wolves and Nets should be money in the bank, though they are back-to-back road games in consecutive nights against Memphis and Minnesota so it's possible that they could fall there.

For 16-0 and the new record it would be vs Lakers, so essentially if they equal the 15-0 record they probably beat it 2 days later.

Personally I think they'll get to @ Clippers/vs Bulls and lose one of those, so 13-0 or 14-0 before being defeated and just miss out.

Warriors out to a 7-0 start and don't even properly have their head coach, crazy. I wonder if they might challenge the 48/49 Capitols and 93/93 Rockets for that 15-0 start? Their next 8 games are:

vs Pistons
    @ Grizzlies
    @ T-Wolves
    vs Nets
    vs Raptors
    @ Clippers
    vs Bulls
    @ Nuggets

Pistons and Raptors have had a very good start, though 3 each of their wins have come against East teams so will hardly strike fear into the Warriors. Grizzlies, T-Wolves and Nets should be money in the bank, though they are back-to-back road games in consecutive nights against Memphis and Minnesota so it's possible that they could fall there.

For 16-0 and the new record it would be vs Lakers, so essentially if they equal the 15-0 record they probably beat it 2 days later.

Personally I think they'll get to @ Clippers/vs Bulls and lose one of those, so 13-0 or 14-0 before being defeated and just miss out.

Clippers away looks the danger game to me - the Clippers cannot afford to lose that one psychologically as much as anything else as that would hand a real advantage to GSW come play offs so will be laying down a marker I feel. These two teams also HATE each other, it will be physical, and I expect the Clippers to rough-house it a bit and target Bogut in particular (if he's back by then). Wouldn't be surprised to see an ejection (or two) in this game.

Can't see the Bulls (on current form anyway) beating GSW at home; maybe in the United Centre but not at home. I've said this a few times, but that team posted 67 wins IN THE WEST last year. That's insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I love watching Porzingis. For someone his height he's got great balance, athletic abilities and a couple of pretty sweet moves already. I hope the Knicks don't force him to put on weight quickly. The current combination seems to be working, very agile, got distance on his shot. You can bulk up any 7 footer but you can't teach many of them to shoot.

mixery wrote: »
    I love watching Porzingis. For someone his height he's got great balance, athletic abilities and a couple of pretty sweet moves already. I hope the Knicks don't force him to put on weight quickly. The current combination seems to be working, very agile, got distance on his shot. You can bulk up any 7 footer but you can't teach many of them to shoot.

or as knicks fans say booooooooooo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What about the Kings' start? Yikes...

NufcNavan wrote: »
    What about the Kings' start? Yikes...

thats surely boogie out of there next year is it?

thats surely boogie out of there next year is it?

I read an interesting article that said the Kings front office mightn't have much choice. This is the 6th year in the Cousins era and they are still worse than mediocre and have given up picks. They may have to trade Boogie.

Meanwhile, the Lakers are also historically bad and seemed to have drafted a bust in Dangelo Russell. Okafor or Porzingas would have been a much better 2nd pick.

The only bright aspect for them is Julius Randle. He is looking more like a 2nd pick than Russell is.

• Advertisement

I read an interesting article that said the Kings front office mightn't have much choice. This is the 6th year in the Cousins era and they are still worse than mediocre and have given up picks. They may have to trade Boogie.

Meanwhile, the Lakers are also historically bad and seemed to have drafted a bust in Dangelo Russell. Okafor or Porzingas would have been a much better 2nd pick.

The only bright aspect for them is Julius Randle. He is looking more like a 2nd pick than Russell is.

its harsh to criticise russell yet id have gone okafor myself i was surprised by the pick but russell will likely come good. having said that i think the lakers only need to get to a decent level before they become a premiere free agent destination again

its harsh to criticise russell yet id have gone okafor myself i was surprised by the pick but russell will likely come good. having said that i think the lakers only need to get to a decent level before they become a premiere free agent destination again

I am being slightly harsh on Russell but you expect instant production from the top 3 picks. That's why they're picked that high. Russell is struggling with his jumpshot and can't get to the rim. It's going to be hard for him to create if he can't do either of those things.

Having said that, he's not being helped by having an awful coach in Scott. He will be gone soon and hopefully Russell and others flourish then.

wow i thought the celtics where doing well with the nets and possibly mavs and timberwolves picks in the upcoming draft. just realised the 6ers have the right to swap picks with the kings and get the lakers if it falls outside the top 3 they could be after building an absolute monster if this year goes right for them.

I am being slightly harsh on Russell but you expect instant production from the top 3 picks. That's why they're picked that high. Russell is struggling with his jumpshot and can't get to the rim. It's going to be hard for him to create if he can't do either of those things.

Having said that, he's not being helped by having an awful coach in Scott. He will be gone soon and hopefully Russell and others flourish then.

i wouldn't expect instant production from a top 3 pick at all to be honest its pretty common for guys to take a year or so to bed in. now its unfortunate that they skipped over okafor (seemed like madness at the time and seems so now) and to a lesser extent porzingus but given a year he could definitely develop into a serious weapon.

look at marcus smart for the celtics he's a completely different player offensively in just year two at the start of last year he couldn't really do anything on the offensive side. also exum looked terrible to start last year but as the year went on he became a completely different player all round

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/11/11/9716190/the-sacramento-kings-and-george-karl-seem-to-be-drifting-apart-already?utm_campaign=sactownroyalty&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Kings are a powder keg already, cuz noooobody saw that comin.

Vlade walking into the locker room and asking his players if he should fire the coach is pretty much the single dumbest GM story I have ever heard in my life.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/11/11/9716190/the-sacramento-kings-and-george-karl-seem-to-be-drifting-apart-already?utm_campaign=sactownroyalty&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Vlade walking into the locker room and asking his players if he should fire the coach is pretty much the single dumbest GM story I have ever heard in my life.

jesus vlade is a nut

wow i thought the celtics where doing well with the nets and possibly mavs and timberwolves picks in the upcoming draft. just realised the 6ers have the right to swap picks with the kings and get the lakers if it falls outside the top 3 they could be after building an absolute monster if this year goes right for them.

Obviously very early days but they could have 2 top five picks in 2016 if things continue the way they have :eek:

They look pretty set at the frontcourt for the future now with Noel and Okafor (and have Saric who should be over in 2017). If they could hit on two good backcourt players in the draft and use the mountain of cap space they have to get a few decent veterans with good leadership skills on board then you'd have to be very hopeful for their future, but it's year 3 of the huge rebuild now and really the time for things to start taking shape. Reports suggest that many people within the organisation are starting to get a bit impatient and I couldn't blame them really. I'd want to be seeing clear results in 2017 myself which I feel is very fair (that'd be 5 years) but Hinkie's last few moves have the air of someone just making moves for the sake of making moves to be honest and the whole thing could go tits up if they don't show marked improvement in 2016 as I think it'd split the organisation internally.

The Embiid situation would also be very worrying. There's the fact he's out until October 2016 at least, but apparently his attitude has been horrendous. I somehow missed this last year but he was sent home from a road trip for threatening the 76ers strength and conditioning coach, he has been refusing to answer questions from trainers, refusing to wear his protective boot, went to Vegas on the piss for the Summer League despite being asked not to and has horrific eating habits. He has bust written all over him at the moment.

A really good read on the above from Sports Illustrated below:

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/16/philadelphia-76ers-sam-hinkie-joel-embiid-brett-brown-process

Obviously very early days but they could have 2 top five picks in 2016 if things continue the way they have :eek:

They look pretty set at the frontcourt for the future now with Noel and Okafor (and have Saric who should be over in 2017). If they could hit on two good backcourt players in the draft and use the mountain of cap space they have to get a few decent veterans with good leadership skills on board then you'd have to be very hopeful for their future, but it's year 3 of the huge rebuild now and really the time for things to start taking shape. Reports suggest that many people within the organisation are starting to get a bit impatient and I couldn't blame them really. I'd want to be seeing clear results in 2017 myself which I feel is very fair (that'd be 5 years) but Hinkie's last few moves have the air of someone just making moves for the sake of making moves to be honest and the whole thing could go tits up if they don't show marked improvement in 2016 as I think it'd split the organisation internally.

The Embiid situation would also be very worrying. There's the fact he's out until October 2016 at least, but apparently his attitude has been horrendous. I somehow missed this last year but he was sent home from a road trip for threatening the 76ers strength and conditioning coach, he has been refusing to answer questions from trainers, refusing to wear his protective boot, went to Vegas on the piss for the Summer League despite being asked not to and has horrific eating habits. He has bust written all over him at the moment.

A really good read on the above from Sports Illustrated below:

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/16/philadelphia-76ers-sam-hinkie-joel-embiid-brett-brown-process

if i was them id look to see if a team will give something decent for embid at this stage they already have noel and okafor they don't need him but add say a ben simmons and malik newman to this team and you have scary potential in a few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Porzingis is really really good. He's a legitimate 7 footer, moves very well, can shoot the ball from 3, great leaping ability and most importantly for a rookie is not completely incompetent on defense. Falling to 5th in the lottery now looks like a major blessing in disguise. Right now the only rookie I would take instead of him is Towns.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Porzingis is really really good. He's a legitimate 7 footer, moves very well, can shoot the ball from 3, great leaping ability and most importantly for a rookie is not completely incompetent on defense. Falling to 5th in the lottery now looks like a major blessing in disguise. Right now the only rookie I would take instead of him is Towns.

and okafor surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Mental finish in Charlotte last night

Wow, that's ridiculously close. Great play call. Really shows how good he is when they're calling game winning shots for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Wow, that's ridiculously close. Great play call. Really shows how good he is when they're calling game winning shots for him.

Don't think that play was for him tbh. Porzingis was meant to give it to Melo, saw Zeller was dropping back to pick up Melo and just took the shot instead of giving Melo a contested shot. That said though, was an incredible shot to make. Knicks are actually fun to watch again!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

D2D wrote: »
    Don't think that play was for him tbh. Porzingis was meant to give it to Melo, saw Zeller was dropping back to pick up Melo and just took the shot instead of giving Melo a contested shot. That said though, was an incredible shot to make. Knicks are actually fun to watch again!

I disagree, it really looks like option 1, Melo tries to pin both defenders and isn't in any position to get the ball for a shot.

D2D wrote: »

That's impressive in itself from a rookie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

There's no way that's true, or if it is then its out of context. But wheeling in Drake into the locker room after a bust up shows the lack of awareness with Vivek. He had Jamie Foxx the week before with him courtside. Seems to be this show with him the whole time.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/brian-scalabrine-nba-qa-mailbag/

interesting q&a in the players tribune with the white mamba mostly on the life of a depth player in the nba also he has a fantastic idea to replace the dunk contest
    Okay, let’s just accept that the Slam Dunk contest is dead. It’s been dead. And no matter how many gimmicks or gadgets the league throws into it, it’s going to continue to be dead.

I think what the people want to see are one-on-one games. Get a sponsor to put up a $10 million purse, and have the best players in the world go at it.

There's no way that's true, or if it is then its out of context. But wheeling in Drake into the locker room after a bust up shows the lack of awareness with Vivek. He had Jamie Foxx the week before with him courtside. Seems to be this show with him the whole time.

Karl is done. The only reason he hasn't quit is because he's waiting to get fired so he can keep the money they owe him.

Vlade as a GM is also done. He doesn't even respect his own job. No decent coach will work under him now.

Cousins isn't a winner and may never be. Won't follow any instructions. Always thinks he knows more than the coach. Puts up great numbers but refuses to sacrifice anything for the team.

how many coaches is that the kings have had in the last few years now.

with regards boogie i think he can be a winner but he has to be put in a stable organisation i can understand his attitude to an extent given how much of a joke the kings have been shown to be

• Advertisement

Some quick thoughts on the last few posts:

The play was called for Melo. If it wasn't, you'd be witnessing the biggest sh*t fit by any player since Scottie Pippen threw the one where the play was called for Kukoc*.

I wouldn't trust the 6ers not to blow it if they had 9 of the 10 first round picks. Clearly I'm exaggerating but the point holds, they'd made some horrible decisions over the last 5-10years and I suspect given the incompetence of the organisation will continue to do so.

The Celtics however......:D:D:D

I expect one of :Da few scenarios:

They literally cream the draft, through chicanery from Ainge and some juggling of the picks, they

I've been saying this for a few years now, the Celtics want Cousins (they've had a few inquiries politely turned down). I'd not rule out Ainge swinging a multi-player trade given the picks they have and how little leverage the Kings have left due to his contract. You throw Boogie (+ slight attitude adjustment) on that C's Team right now and they challenge in the East. Cousins is a ball of talent and can actually knuckle down when he has a decent coach (USA Basketball for example).

great that we're talking about the draft after 9 games.....

*for all you young uns out there - google it.

here it is for y'all:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7SbG-8Bvgk&spfreload=10

Hedo retires. Some nice highlights here for those who may not be so familiar with him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE7fN-icPyM&spfreload=10

Can't post it as a youtube link as there's two "=" in the link :(

Hedo retires. Some nice highlights here for those who may not be so familiar with him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE7fN-icPyM&spfreload=10

Can't post it as a youtube link as there's two "=" in the link :(

I think people forget just how good Hedo was with the Magic those years they got to the finals with DH against the lakers. He was the playmaker for that team that they needed to make the whole team work well together.

I think people forget just how good Hedo was with the Magic those years they got to the finals with DH against the lakers. He was the playmaker for that team that they needed to make the whole team work well together.

that magic team in general went off the ball very very quickly didn't "skip to my lou" play significant mins for them and reshard lewis

Tru dat. He could ball. Saw him play in the flesh at the European Championships a few years ago but never in the NBA. For a guy who was 6'10" he could handle and pass a lot better than most players of similar size. In many ways he was a Larry Bird-lite (though without the toughness or passion of Bird I'd argue).

He's also the classic example of a guy who suits a particular system and coaching style. Hedo always looked great for teams that designed their offences around him (Orlando, Turkish national team), but not so hot where he was a role player. I've always said that how good a player you look on court in many ways is down to how a coach runs a team; some players fit certain systems, some don't. It's why you'll often see some players excel after a trade, and some look decidedly average. Some guys and their skill-sets just suit certain offences better than others.

Speaking of offences, watched about half the Knicks Cavs game last night.....my God Melo is just playing by himself for himself again....total iso-ball. Fisher has no control over that team.

I was just looking at the standings as I've been out of the loop the last week or so aside from a few games. There's no real surprise to see the vast majority of teams that are struggling (Grizzlies and Rockets aside), but the Pelicans are 1-8 :eek: But then I looked a bit deeper and their injury list reads as follows:

652cefb940630dc08ad38fc883ef7be8.png

Man, they've been gutted. Considering they'd have to go ~.600 to have a shot at that last seed in the West now, their season is essentially lost already. They'd be much better off just scrapping the season and taking the pick.

vs Pistons
    @ Grizzlies
    @ T-Wolves
    vs Nets
    vs Raptors
    @ Clippers
    vs Bulls
    @ Nuggets

Funnily enough the one team on the above list you wouldn't expect to trouble them at all gave them a big fright last night. The Nets went up pretty big in the first half but the Warriors pulled it back, Lopez missed a great chance at the buzzer to get the win and then the Warriors took over in OT, scoring the first 10 points.

Anyway, that's 11-0 now and the record is getting ever closer. They've got a couple of days off now before hosting Toronto. If they win that, their next one at the Clippers will be huge.

• Advertisement

That was a strange game (the GSW BKN one).

Dumb as hell from BKN not to foul Iggy on that last play of regulation, really makes you wonder how much these guys are robots sometimes with zero ability to think for themselves.

Listened to the Simmons podcast this morning for the first time in a couple of seasons. He's all in on Curry and GSW, and Boogie to the C's. He made one very good point on Curry though - he said Nash had 2 MVP seasons and his play was nowhere near Curry's levels this year, which is accurate and fair.

I'd LOVE to see Boogie to the C's, been saying this for the last few years. PLEASE DANNY, MAKE IT HAPPEN! :D

Would you do a deal for boogie that included the nets pick, smart and sully

Would you do a deal for boogie that included the nets pick, smart and sully

Yes.

No-one on that team right now is untouchable - that's part of the good and the bad with the C's right now. They're solid across the floor in all positions and back up, but there's no superstar talent on that team. The only one coming close for me is Olynk (seriously).

I've been on Boogie for years. Celtics almost made a 4 player trade for him a few years ago, and they should have done it then IMO. Despite all the seasons he's played, he's still only 25. People diss his attitude but look at the mess of an organisation he plays for. When he was on the US team there were no problems - different situation, better(sterner) coaches and hey presto, he's the man. There's not a single team in the league would not want him, baggage and all - and that's why I wish they'd done a deal earlier. As his contract expires and it gets closer to the All Star break and the Play Offs you'll see crazy bids for him. They should have locked this down a few years ago.

I'd honestly rather take Boogie (easily a Top 10 Player in the league right now and IMO the best 4/5 Forward/Center in the league - and on current form I'm including Anthony Davis in that - not sure what the hell is going on there?) over the 4 picks next year. Anything can happen in the draft. Boogie is a proven talent. You have a limited window to win in the NBA, building is fine but it's too gradual - you need to make a move like this that propels your talent to the next level to win it all. You take your chance when you have it.

Make the trade Danny. Do it.

Dwight Howard lowkey claims another soul. 9 coaches in 12 years.

The Lawson trade was so stupid. One, Ty is overrated just by himself. Two, he is an awful fit with James Harden. You can't just stick Lawson in a corner and let Harden go to work. Morey just collects assets. He doesn't build a basketball team.

Dwight Howard lowkey claims another soul. 9 coaches in 12 years.

The Lawson trade was so stupid. One, Ty is overrated just by himself. Two, he is an awful fit with James Harden. You can't just stick Lawson in a corner and let Harden go to work. Morey just collects assets. He doesn't build a basketball team.

tad harsh to blame mchale or the lakers on him i wouldn't regard dwight as a coach killer in the slightest to be honest

• Advertisement
Advertisement