Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaining weight after gym

Options
  • 25-10-2015 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi I tried a little experiment recently that I don't understand myself. I tried eating the same food every day while going gym to see if I lose any weight. This was just a once of (week long) experiment. Anyway,

Day 1: 93.4kg
    Day 2: 92.2kg
    Day 3: 91.2kg
    Day 4: 92kg
    Day 5: 92.5kg

I started going to the gym (running, weights etc) on day 3. I realise the quick loss in weight is water weight. My diet was pure protein and barely any carbs, low fat.

I don't understand how I can weigh more after going to the gym all while eating the same food everyday. I drink water but I sweat out most of it while in the gym.

Please keep in mind that I'm not actually trying to lose weight I just want to try an experiment that I read online.

Any ideas why I weigh more after the gym? By the way, when I weigh myself i'm literally naked.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I've seen some people talking about weight and the gym and sometimes they mean different things like..
    1. fat from around their bellys they want to lose
    2. muscles on their arm/legs/body etc they want to get

Could mean other stuff too.

What are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Variations of a couple of kg over 3 days is irrelevant. You need to be tracking weight for weeks/months before any reliable trends emerge.
    Slydice wrote: »
    I've seen some people talking about weight and the gym and sometimes they mean different things like..
    1. fat from around their bellys they want to lose
    2. muscles on their arm/legs/body etc they want to get

Could mean other stuff too.

What are you trying to do?

Like he said, it's just an experiment. A bad one, but an experiment none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Probably down to water.

For one, most people drink more than they sweat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Probably down to water.

For one, most people drink more than they sweat.

Although that post was written in good faith, I expect at least one reader to come away with the idea of "drink less water, weight less tomorrow"...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

discus wrote: »
    Although that post was written in good faith, I expect at least one reader to come away with the idea of "drink less water, weight less tomorrow"...

The scary thing is you're probably right.

And they'd be wrong inanywayaz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

scuderia wrote: »
    By the way, when I weigh myself i'm literally naked.
    Disgusting animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

When I started weight lifting I gained 4lbs overnight. Read that it's because muscles repairing so retain loads of water and glycogen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

The scary thing is you're probably right.

That comment has set me up for the day. I now have notions.

Advertisement