Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Germans have annexed our Taytos

Options
  • 25-10-2015 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Tayto and Hunky Dory crisp group changes hands, writes Sarah McCabe

Largo founder Ray Coyle, one of Ireland's most successful businessmen, has this week agreed to sell his final shareholding in the company he established 33 years ago.

Coyle will sell his 25pc stake in Largo to Germany's Intersnack, which has the right to buy his shares as part of the deal which gave it majority control of the group nine years ago. The amount to be paid for his shares has not been disclosed.

He had the option to buy back an 11pc stake in the firm earlier this year but that option expired.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/coyle-sells-out-of-largo-foods-34137874.html

I swear to God if they start messing around with the recipe there will be trouble. Wasn't it bad enough you took all our money Angela, now you have to go and take our taytos.

Sh1t just got real.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Wonder what the Germans will do with Tayto Park...they don't have a great track record...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Tayto and Hunky Dory shall be known as Toffel and Alice Clark in the future :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Might fill the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

kneemos wrote: »
    Might fill the bag.

She prefers to be called Angela. Seriously though, talk about taking one for the team, fair play!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭roverrules

So Tayto are now German, anybody disagree?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Wonder what the Germans will do with Tayto Park...they don't have a great track record...

It'll be annexed........lebensraum!

Who is owner of the other 75%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

roverrules wrote: »

Northern Tayto might hold out.

/reads intersnaks company blurb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/coyle-sells-out-of-largo-foods-34137874.html

I swear to God if they start messing around with the recipe there will be trouble. Wasn't it bad enough you took all our money Angela, now you have to go and take our taytos.

Sh1t just got real.

A case of déjà vu here on my part, but out of interest are the tayto in Northern Ireland a separate company than the ones down south? I can't remember if I asked this before whilst on the tear or if I dreamt it.

Anyway my mate says the tayto down south are s@it whilst tayto cheese and onion up here is gods gift. I don't like cheese n onion anyway but know ones who get them shipped to USA, Australia etc to satisfy their craving.

roverrules wrote: »

Anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Might fill the bag.
    Crisps are sold by weight, if anything you can expect them to reduce the currently oversized packaging.
    timthumbni wrote: »
    Anyway my mate says the tayto down south are s@it whilst tayto cheese and onion up here is gods gift. I don't like cheese n onion anyway but know ones who get them shipped to USA, Australia etc to satisfy their craving.
    Different company as you say. You can get taytos shipped to mongolia from the factory here, but not to the UK, due to the name being registered.

Same issue with magners/bulmers and mcdonnells/batchelors supernoodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

An interesting side note in the midst of this unprecedented cultural crisis-nitrogen gas is pumped into a crisp packet to keep them from being crushed during transit and storage.

There'll be an exam later on so take notes if you want.

rubadub wrote: »
    Crisps are sold by weight, if anything you can expect them to reduce the currently oversized packaging.

They're sold by deceiving people into believing their getting a decent bag of crisps,except in the multipacks which are smaller bags because they can't be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Dear God!

First Diageo came for our Guinness and I said nothing, because I don't drink Guinness.
    Then they came for our Cadbury's and Kraft turned it to shoite, but I didn't mind because I prefer a Galaxy.
    But this!
    I tell you, I'll be boycotting the new Tayto sauerkraut flavour that's for sure! Unless it goes really well with a Pilsner, actually that sound pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They're sold by deceiving people into believing their getting a decent bag of crisps,except in the multipacks which are smaller bags because they can't be seen.
    Fair play to them, long may it continue. The idiots who fall for such tricks, and the people wealthy enough to buy bars & crisps singly allow others to get multipacks at a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Now no longer owned by Largo Foods (Ray Coyle) but by the Germans - Intersnack Group.

I fear for the ham and Tayto sandwich, just like Cadburys tastes cat now that Kraft own them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

vicwatson wrote: »
    Now no longer owned by Largo Foods (Ray Coyle) but by the Germans - Intersnack Group.

I fear for the ham and Tayto sandwich, just like Cadburys tastes cat now that Kraft own them.:mad:

I regret Indiana that you are too late. Mwhahahahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Never liked them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I for one welcome the new sauerkraut tayto flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

I wonder if this will eventually lead to Craig Doyle being eliminated.

• Advertisement

As long as they never ever ever attempt Tayto chocolate then I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Always a big fan of their käse und zwiebel and salz und essig crisps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Jawgap wrote: »
    It'll be annexed........lebensraum!

For refugees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Penney,Guiness and now Tayto.What next lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

conorhal wrote: »
    Dear God!

First Diageo came for our Guinness and I said nothing, because I don't drink Guinness.
    Then they came for our Cadbury's and Kraft turned it to shoite, but I didn't mind because I prefer a Galaxy.
    But this!
    I tell you, I'll be boycotting the new Tayto sauerkraut flavour that's for sure! Unless it goes really well with a Pilsner, actually that sound pretty good!

Ha ha ha, great post. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Maybe they'll experiment with animal flavours from their zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

As long as they never ever ever attempt Tayto chocolate then I'm all for it.

Ireland already has. By the way OP already a thread on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Ireland already has. By the way OP already a thread on this

Ya can we close this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Never liked them anyway.

:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Ya can we close this thread?

If we wish really really hard enough we can.

Advertisement