Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something a little different

Options
  • 23-10-2015 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Here's something a little different. This is a screenshot from a music video for the Venetian Snares piece Szamár Madár, by a guy called David O'Reilly.

It's basically what looks like a mock blue screen of death but now I'm starting to think that there are some easter eggs and hidden messages in there.

Along the right you can see things like egnschl.exe or chlsdrwn.sys which are references to Egon Schiele, an artist and Charles Darwin.

I've started on this list and if any of you puzzlers would like to pitch in it'd be fun. I'm trying to make sense of the numbers beside the names, although that could be gibberish, I don't see a whole lot of correlation there.

Also, at the top of the page david=0x21061985 is most likely the artists date of birth.

So far I have the following names;
    michbun - mike bunn - photographer
    egnschl.exe - egon schiele - painter
    nadia
    hierobsh
    ofischg
    chrlybwrs.exe - Charles Bowers
    chlsdrwn - Charles Darwin
    simnrodl
    mgtmktsh - margaret mackintosh
    hrryclrk - Harry Clarke - stained glass artist
    jdervera
    cuvier
    ptrcok
    alhrisch
    vramchdr
    rwemersn
    carrvgio
    albdurr
    davnci - Leonardo Da Vinci
    jhnkrsfl
    rchdwkns - richard dawkins
    yrbs
    gstvklmt
    aubrdsly
    jnmadjh
    savdali - Salvadore Dali
    grgmelies
    chtphrms

Untitled.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

circadian wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here's something a little different. This is a screenshot from a music video for the Venetian Snares piece Szamár Madár, by a guy called David O'Reilly.

It's basically what looks like a mock blue screen of death but now I'm starting to think that there are some easter eggs and hidden messages in there.

Along the right you can see things like egnschl.exe or chlsdrwn.sys which are references to Egon Schiele, an artist and Charles Darwin.

I've started on this list and if any of you puzzlers would like to pitch in it'd be fun. I'm trying to make sense of the numbers beside the names, although that could be gibberish, I don't see a whole lot of correlation there.

Also, at the top of the page david=0x21061985 is most likely the artists date of birth.

So far I have the following names;
    michbun - mike bunn - photographer
    egnschl.exe - egon schiele - painter
    nadia
    hierobsh Hieronymus Bosch
    ofischg
    chrlybwrs.exe - Charles Bowers
    chlsdrwn - Charles Darwin
    simnrodl
    mgtmktsh - margaret mackintosh
    hrryclrk - Harry Clarke - stained glass artist
    jdervera