Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 3 | Thank You [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 23-10-2015 8:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 6

Episode 3 - "Thank You"

Airdate - October 25th on AMC at 9/8c | October 26th on FOX UK at 9pm

A small group, including Rick, runs into hurdles while trying to return to Alexandria, and some may not make it back.

Promo

Sneak Peek #1

How did you rate this episode? 192 votes

0%
    26%
    ShamofitzBacchusNervous WreckduridianBrookieDDubTonyzeferRoyalMarine5starpoolScramFol20YakultMenadori_dormerskipper_GsatguyAlso Starring LeVar BurtonBlazingSaddlerrobby^5 51 votes
    30%
    YakuzaSimiWashoutDempseyspatchcostorkerMc LoveGreen_MartianChorus_suckbofLone StoneNUTZZDuffBaby4Collie DclaivaneonmanprojectgtrSideshow Markardinn 59 votes
    27%
    La_GordygeeceesparkthatbledSnake PliskenMr.Nice GuyMezcitaClankTerrorFirmerGBXleft_behindomerinRoryMacReg'stoywillowthewispHande hoche!uncleoswaldwinston82Tony EHobriendjcharlietheminxx 52 votes
    6%
    AnaiyelafrashDeedsieterryduff12dirtydenPossedionMadYakerOmackeralMs2011Foreign Sports[Deleted User]Mac BTomagotchye 13 votes
    4%
    Rob30888wally79Zero-CoolShane St.ofthelordPenny DreadfulSlattsyi lovewine 8 votes
    2%
    BigcheezeMokthegreatescapeanismiKeplar240B 5 votes
    1%
    viztopia.red. 2 votes
    0%
    tomred1 1 vote
    0%
    Shelflife 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Some might not make it back? Why did they have to reveal that! If it's a major character I'd imagine it's Glenn. Just got the feeling from the season opener that he was going to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Some might not make it back? Why did they have to reveal that! If it's a major character I'd imagine it's Glenn. Just got the feeling from the season opener that he was going to die.

Do not visit reddit spoilers all over the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Some might not make it back? Why did they have to reveal that!

I think it's just to create a bit of hype, it doesn't exactly reveal anything. There is always a high possibility of a major death with the maneuver they're currently trying to pull off.

I'm looking forward to it, I think episode 3 and 4 are going to be pretty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I think it's just to create a bit of hype, it doesn't exactly reveal anything. There is always a high possibility of a major death with the maneuver they're currently trying to pull off.

I'm looking forward to it, I think episode 3 and 4 are going to be pretty big.

Possibly unreasonable not to have someone die what with amt of walkers involved.

Hope its Morgan or one of Alexandrians rather than original group.. Maybe another of the Alexandrians will show themselves to be as Rick said when saying why he didn't kill Carter, not capable of living in this world. Shades of Shane's attitude to Rick there back in beginning and on farm.

If its main grp I hope its Eugene as don't think he adds anything to them really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Easily one of the best episodes ever

• Advertisement

Easily one of the best episodes ever

I agree. And now we have to sit through a 90 minute Morgan special before it gets back to the main story . I don't know if Glenn is actually dead. I hope not, he doesn't deserve to go out like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Glenn deserved a better death than that. This is the guy who risked his life in season 1 to save Rick and put himself at risk numerous times to save the others. Glenn was a nerd badass until the writers put him in the background.

I'm hoping that it's the other guys intestines the zombies are eating and Glynn manages to sneak past them. Zombies don't usually look down so hopefully he can crawl past them.

I would happily swap Glynn for Maggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Paddy Cow wrote: »

I'm hoping that it's the other guys intestines the zombies are eating and Glynn manages to sneak past them. Zombies don't usually look down so hopefully he can crawl past them.
    I don't know if Glenn is actually dead. I hope not, he doesn't deserve to go out like that!

Denial, classic 5 stages of grief!

I personally think it carries more weight this way. He'd played the hero and defied the odds so many times, a big grandstand heroic sacrifice or whatever would have been pretty cliched. There was a sense of hopelessness throughout the episode and his scene was a perfect climax to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Side note, out of the group travelling back, only Scott, Heath & Michonne made it back!

Shout out to Jacqui, Big Tiny, T-Dog, Andrew, Oscar, Duane, Paul, Mr Jacobson, Shumpert, Bob, Tyreese & Noah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Ended on a good cliffhanger. At the end there is an aerial shot of Rick in the rv. I wonder is the house to the right relevant?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

sabhail wrote: »
    Possibly unreasonable not to have someone die what with amt of walkers involved.

Hope its Morgan or one of Alexandrians rather than original group.. Maybe another of the Alexandrians will show themselves to be as Rick said when saying why he didn't kill Carter, not capable of living in this world. Shades of Shane's attitude to Rick there back in beginning and on farm.

If its main grp I hope its Eugene as don't think he adds anything to them really

There is already a shortage of mullets. The priest would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I don't think Glenn is dead. I watched it back again and it definitely looks like they are eating Nicolas who is on top of him. His expression looks like fear rather than pain. When the camera pans out, it shows that is literally right up against the dumpster...perhaps he manages to crawl underneath it?

Or perhaps I'm just clutching at straws :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

The first 3 episodes of this season have been epic, I hope they can keep up this standard.

Not really a spoiler but
    Twitter seems pretty confident that Glenn's going to be just fine, but no confirmation

And it's looking a bit shaky for Officer Friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jaysus, what a fcuking episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

That last scene with Glenn was gut wrenching.
    Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

woke at 6am, saw this thread, and HAD to watch the show

not exactly gutted (:P) to see Glenn go (if he is gone - if he's not, I think it will be incredible) - his character lost something in the last few seasons

I need to re-watch, but how was Rick's hand cut? Again, if Rick gets out alive, it will be a stretch - though he could go through the roof! Presuming Daryl and co are en route

Great ep - am I to believe that it won't pick up next week rather a Morgan special...............that brings us up to Ep 5 then, so 5, 6, 7 and 8 will be barn-burners - and then we'll suffer the first half of the second part of the broadcast in early 2016.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

cjmcork wrote: »
    I need to re-watch, but how was Rick's hand cut? Again, if Rick gets out alive, it will be a stretch - though he could go through the roof! Presuming Daryl and co are en route

I had to re-watch that myself to make sure it wasn't a bite. When he grabbed the zombie with the machete sticking out of him he sliced his hand on the blade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Glenn's not dead, it was the guy who fell on top of him. No idea how he would get out of that situation mind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One of the best episodes of the series for me. I don't think he's dead either. Though if he is it was a bit of a crap way to go. Done for shock value kinda thing. If he's not and did get away, then it's very far fetched to get free and clear in such circumstances*. He was a fave character of mine I have to say. The last of the original gang that still retains the most of his humanity.

One thing puzzles me a bit. Very early on they discovered(Glenn was even part of it IIRC) that if they covered themselves in zombie walker/biter/roamer guts it would put them off the scent and they'd ignore you. Why has nobody used this ruse since? Michone's previous trick of chopping arms and jaws off a couple of them and using them as camouflage another way out of a horde.

*we're seeing the other guy's guts being eaten, no sign of spitting up blood and all that from our guy and unless he's very close to the yoke they were standing on so maybe he crawls under it while they're feeding on headshot boy and they don't notice because he's covered in gore?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Glen has to be dead. It would be utterly ridiculous if he managed to survive.

Even if they did eat the other guy first there are just too many walkers around him, its not as if your mans death would distract the zombies away giving glen time to escape, hes literally surrounded by a herd of zombies in a dead end lane.

It also says hes dead on hes walking dead wiki.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Great episode. I think Glenn is dead anyway, just not sure how he gets out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Glenn's not dead, it was the guy who fell on top of him. No idea how he would get out of that situation mind.

the angle of the guts versus his head looked wierd

speculation
    glen still has a flare gun, he can set the nearby building on fire, in hope to either distract and/or rescue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Brothers and sisters be not disheartened and instead know in your hearts that Glenn will soon be with Jesus ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say Glenn survived but personally I don't see how it's possible. If that is Nick being eaten, it's not like the zombies will politely stop when they're done with him. Then with the way Glenn is screaming, he's not exactly sneaking away.

As for Rick, I found him a bit stupid. 2 guys attack him in the RV and when he kills them, he doesn't think to looks outside for more except looking in the wing mirror. Then he doesn't close the door. And I'm sure that cut would be infected with zombie blood as well.
    Wonder where the machinegun came from since the wolves only got a handgun as far as I know. Or was that Rick's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Wibbs wrote: »

One thing puzzles me a bit. Very early on they discovered(Glenn was even part of it IIRC) that if they covered themselves in zombie walker/biter/roamer guts it would put them off the scent and they'd ignore you. Why has nobody used this ruse since? Michone's previous trick of chopping arms and jaws off a couple of them and using them as camouflage another way out of a horde.

[/SIZE]

I have never understood why they dont use that more often. Obviously the bystanders when trying to move the herd would have been better advantaged if they were covered in zombie guts.

I actually dont like that they even made it a thing. I found when Carol used that to save them from the canibals a bit far fetched. She was walking right beside them. If it was that effective, youd be covering yourself in zombie remains to keep yourself safe before going to sleep. Youd use it everytime you went "on a run".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Is anyone else disturbed by the lack of mercy kills?

Poor chap on the other side of the gate screaming in agony getting gnawed to death and they pat each other on the back and say "cmon we got to go". Ffs lads could yis not have put a bullet in his head first?

Same with yer woman on the street. Although she should have saved a bullet for herself, the ninny.

One last thing: that gate they were climbing over was practically a ladder! There was horizontal bars all over it. They should have baled over that no probs without even any need to stand on the giant spindle yoke.

Anyway, great episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It would be beyond ridiculous if Glenn survived that. There was too many Alexandrians getting killed off like red shirts in star trek, the seriousness of the situation needed a big character death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Is anyone else disturbed by the lack of mercy kills?

Poor chap on the other side of the gate screaming in agony getting gnawed to death and they pat each other on the back and say "cmon we got to go". Ffs lads could yis not have put a bullet in his head first?

Same with yer woman on the street. Although she should have saved a bullet for herself, the ninny.

One last thing: that ladder they were climbing over was practically a ladder! There was horizontal bars all over it. They should have baled over that no probs without even any need to stand on the giant spindle yoke.

Anyway, great episode.

Thinking the same about the mercy kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

soon as Glenn said "dumbass" to Rick on the radio i knew he was dead :/

and yer man Nicholas was complete and utter prat til the end, i'd no sympathy for him at all, his suicide killed Glenn too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

marvin80 wrote: »
    Thinking the same about the mercy kills.

I havent seen the episode yet but the mercy kills or lack of i guess just highlight that they are not willing to take risks for other people that they dont know as much or care about as much as others anymore. "Its all about survival now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Being a Z Nation watcher as well I was expecting Nick to say "I give you mercy" before killing that zombie

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wow, what an episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I found this interesting.

Spoiler (speculation about what happened) : Image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say Glenn survived but personally I don't see how it's possible.

This is how I think it possible.

1. When the entrails are shown being chomped by the walkers and blood flowing like the Mississippi, Glenn is conscious and crying. If this was his guts and blood, then he could not possibly be conscious because of hypovolemic and traumatic shock.

2. It is shown that Glenn is beneath Nicholas as they fall together.

3. The overhead shot shows that Glenn has landed with his head right next to the dumpster. In fact his head moving is about the only part of him to which we have a clear view. The effect of this position is that it creates a bit of a buffer zone near his head, probably as they simply cannot lean in over him from the side which the dumpster obstructs, and the walkers seem to be focussed more in the area from his midriff down (on which Nicholas landed).

4. Earlier shots when they are running through the alleyways trying to find a escape route clearly show that the is a crawlspace beneath the dumpsters, the main body of the dumpsters are at least 9 or 10 inches off the ground.

5. Glenn is slim, and if he crawls from beneath Nicholas' corpse on which the walkers are gorging, and into the crawlspace he stands a chance of fending off the walkers, large and all as the attacking group is, until somebody like Daryl arrives to distract them away from the dumpster.

[edit] There is also the comment referred to in the image posted above by Kenjataimu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great episode and season so far.

Is that the end of the Wolf gang? They kind of got the same treatment as the Terminus gang in that they seemed like a huge threat but killed off early which is a shame.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    One of the best episodes of the series for me. I don't think he's dead either. Though if he is it was a bit of a crap way to go. Done for shock value kinda thing. If he's not and did get away, then it's very far fetched to get free and clear in such circumstances*. He was a fave character of mine I have to say. The last of the original gang that still retains the most of his humanity.

*we're seeing the other guy's guts being eaten, no sign of spitting up blood and all that from our guy and unless he's very close to the yoke they were standing on so maybe he crawls under it while they're feeding on headshot boy and they don't notice because he's covered in gore?

I'm sure someone, maybe even michonne again, used the pet walker thing for protection at least once after the prison? Was wondering myself why that didn't catch on. I can see why, in a world without showers, people would be reluctant to cover themselves in rancid blood and guts on a regular basis but there are literally thousands of zombies around to use. I suppose they might slow you down a lot though.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say Glenn survived but personally I don't see how it's possible. If that is Nick being eaten, it's not like the zombies will politely stop when they're done with him. Then with the way Glenn is screaming, he's not exactly sneaking away.

As for Rick, I found him a bit stupid. 2 guys attack him in the RV and when he kills them, he doesn't think to looks outside for more except looking in the wing mirror. Then he doesn't close the door. And I'm sure that cut would be infected with zombie blood as well.
    Wonder where the machinegun came from since the wolves only got a handgun as far as I know. Or was that Rick's?

Well everyone is infected with the zombie virus anyway so getting blood in wounds seems to have no effect. It's only bites that accelerate the process and kill. Although in the first season they were very careful not to get blood in their mouths etc but that was forgotten about fairly fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What an episode, so many questions, so few answers until next week or the week after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Really enjoyed this episode and the last. Next week likely to be good too.

What was the significance of the jar that Rick took from the Wolf's pocket?

Also is my attention span completely dead but when Michonne and the other two returned to Alexandria it looked like a lot of the buildings had been burned down...I don't remember the Wolves burning buildings in episode two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Would be a Total cop out if he didn't die, altho maybe he does get under the dumpster and gets saved off screen by some "unknown group" very good episode but hard to top last week's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Collie D wrote: »

Also is my attention span completely dead but when Michonne and the other two returned to Alexandria it looked like a lot of the buildings had been burned down...I don't remember the Wolves burning buildings in episode two?

It was baby food

• Advertisement

It was a jar of the same applesauce that Aaron brought with him from Alexandria when he 'recruited' them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Poll added to thread, apologies for the delay, it completely slipped my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

They used petrol bombs in the initial attack and burned a guard to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Would be a Total cop out if he didn't die, altho maybe he does get under the dumpster and gets saved off screen by some "unknown group" very good episode but hard to top last week's.
    "saved" by the wolves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

nooo... i dont think the wolves maybe another one we havent seen yet i dont think the wolves will be around past episode 6 going of past seasons usually a big change second half i reckon the wolves will be done and dusted come episode 6/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Think the baby food symbolised that these people attacked Alexandria.

I thought they utilised everyone very well this episode. I especially liked the lack of use of Darryl. He often comes in and saves the day and steals the show. His waver to do what was right and needed of him was interesting. But I liked seeing other characters try and survive without darryls presence

Re the Wolves, I always got the feeling from the show that they were a large group covering a large area...they had ran through where Noahs folks were, and if I recall, it was quite some time in the rv/cars before our group got from there to Alexandra. It just seemed to be a huge geographical area for just the 10-15 Wolves we saw attack Alexandria to leave their mark; we've also seen a good few walkers with the trademark W on them in locations in between.
    Also, you'd have to imagine they had a leader driving their philosophy; Yet we've not seen anything like a Boss yet. (dare I say, a Big Bad Wolf!)

Dunno, just think that we've not seen the last of them.

Think the baby food symbolised that these people attacked Alexandria

Not only that, but it meant the Wolves breached the walls and possibly made it into Ricks house and therefore Carl and Judith could be dead. Hence Ricks moment of despair (brilliant acting again by Andrew Lincoln I thought)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Cracking episode. Did not expect that death. It hurt me alot.
    I feel sad seeing a RV not starting. Just reminds me of Walter white chanting "the RV will start!" repeatedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I don't think Glenn is dead. I reckon he'll pop a flare off, crawl under the dumpster and something/someone will move the walkers on.

It was shot ambiguously because the producers know we are waiting for one of Ricks group to die and most people have feared for a long time now that it would be Glenn next to go.

I reckon/hope he'll survive but at the same time, if he does it will have been through the most unlikely of circumstances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement